New 2008 Stella

gretsch

....and another image.. check out the new models available!!!

This is an excerp from the Japan Tackle website

All NEW Stella SW Japan model is the high-end spinning reels, specially designed for offshore heavy duty fishing. The New Stella now has reinforced components, parts and body to fight for the big one. Gears, drag and line rollers now have more durability than ever.

AR-C spool design reducing line troubles

Stainless steel pinion gear

Cold-forged over-sized master gear with surface treatment

Diamond coated cut-free line roller

Improved carbon disk-drag twin drag system

PG: Power Gear models, grip is made of carbon

HG: High Gear models, grip is egg shaped rubber

XG: Extra High Gear models, grip is egg shaped rubber

20000 model is for black fin tuna. Its drag stands for the run of over 100kg tuna. 10000 is for Giant Trevally. Right/Left handle changeable. No spare spool.

Ceph, they are not worth the extra coin for mine - particularly when they invariably end up on the bottom of middle harbour.

I'll stick to my humble Stradic. It's a flattie magnet.....

Ah yes... the Stradic is good, but you don't take a four cyliner to Bathurst!!!! :biggrin2:

i must say i have not treid the new stradics but i have a 2008 sustain 4000 and 8000 and i must say that the new design is a pleasure to fish with. the new sustains are a great option if you dont wont to outlay $1000

I do like the Sustain.. there are really only four Shimano spinning reels worth buying - Stella, Stradic, Sustain and Saros. These are the only ones with the new line management system. I have seen seen of the Japanese models for 2008 and the new Twinpower has the new goodies too...

Ceph, has your sponsorship with Shimano been confirmed yet? They surely will be handing over a very large and handsome cheque.

You love the Shimano gear... you still got the poster of Starlo on your bedroom wall??? :1prop:

Starlo and I are regular email buddies.. he is right up the Shimano gear too!!

Sponsorship pending.

Starlo and I are regular email buddies.. he is right up the Shimano gear too!!

Sponsorship pending.

Do you feel the darkside Luke.....

they have been testing the new Stella's of the coast of florida with good results.....yet there are still some other makers out there that need a look in.......

Edited by thelostreef

Do you feel the darkside Luke.....

they have been testing the new Stella's of the coast of florida with good results.....yet there are still some other makers out there that need a look in.......

Just can't bring myself to join Lord Vader.. although, one of those Morethan Branzinos is next on the list!!

I will have to use the force on the :wife: ...

Edited by Ceph

Just can't bring myself to join Lord Vader.. although, one of those Morethan Branzinos is next on the list!!

I try that with my :wife: but she responds with "your Jedi mind powers don't work on me!"

but she says it in 2 words "you idiot"

• 4 weeks later...

Dude I got the BassArt handle up grade for mine, made a great reel into something absolutely special.

Get the rod with it, it's awesome!

A bit over 8ft and it casts a mile, super light and looks sh!t hot to :1yikes:

G

Dude I got the BassArt handle up grade for mine, made a great reel into something absolutely special.

Get the rod with it, it's awesome!

A bit over 8ft and it casts a mile, super light and looks sh!t hot to :1yikes:

G

Greg,

Is that for the Branzino?? I just order a 20,000 Stella and a Branzino from Japan.. :biggrin2:

Where did you get the upgrade handles from?

Greg,

Is that for the Branzino?? I just order a 20,000 Stella and a Branzino from Japan.. :biggrin2:

Where did you get the upgrade handles from?

You know what chicks do with their hair????

From that shop ;)

The company that makes them is Bassart.

post-3563-1204608909_thumb.jpg

They are about $250 or so.

Just got some other stuff to soup up my Zillions and Steez's like Hyper long cast spools, handles and knob sets.

Man if the Steez can cast further than it does now I'll be able to fish both banks of a river without moving!!

G

You know what chicks do with their hair????

From that shop ;)

The company that makes them is Bassart.

post-3563-1204608909_thumb.jpg

They are about $250 or so.

Just got some other stuff to soup up my Zillions and Steez's like Hyper long cast spools, handles and knob sets.

Man if the Steez can cast further than it does now I'll be able to fish both banks of a river without moving!!

G

Mr Miura is a close personal friend....... :1prop: