Dolphin Fish

oldsalty

Hey all,

Was just reading an article by Al Mcglashan on how the bigger dolphin fish are usually caught trolling open water so i thought i'd post this pic of one we caught on my mates boat last weekend doing just that. Was caught inside of the broken bay fad which isnt there any more anyway!

post-5495-1201749124_thumb.jpg

Anyone else finding them out there?

Well done by all involved old salty !! That is one great dolphin fish to find on the troll. There sure is a lot of water out there. Al Mclashan must sure know what he's talking about. I wonder if that Dolphin Fish was out there looking for the FAD too.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

I wonder if that Dolphin Fish was out there looking for the FAD too.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Well, if the flamin Dolphin Fish cant find the bloody thing, how am I flamin meant to.

I was hoping to hit Terrigal Wide FAD and Broken Bay FAD on weekend(Anyone interested?) ,and I even looked up the Fisheries Location for them! Is that all wrong??

For crying out loud, can someone tell me if the FADS are actually there??

Cheers,

Grumpy Stumpy! :1badmood:

Well, if the flamin Dolphin Fish cant find the bloody thing, how am I flamin meant to.

I was hoping to hit Terrigal Wide FAD and Broken Bay FAD on weekend(Anyone interested?) ,and I even looked up the Fisheries Location for them! Is that all wrong??

Cheers,

Mate,

The broken bay fad is not there, the next one up the coast is, i think this is the terrigal one your talking about.

Guest GoFish Pete

Cheers,

Hi Stumpy

Yes they are out there for sure , I trolled by both Botany close FAD and Botany wide FAD last Friday and the GPS co-ordinates as on the DPI site are spot on.

At the wide FAD I had three hookups on 1m plus dollies and landed a 1.25m speciman , take along a block of good pillies and you will get a feed easily.

They seem to shut down at about 9.00am so get out there early.

Stumpy I just did the work for you :biggrin2:

Close FAD 33.59.316 151 20.951

Wide FAD 33.59.672 151 26.743

So of you go and have some fun and dont forget to take a fish donger or a fish kill spike and plenty of ice.

cheers

GoFish Pete

Hi Stumpy

Yes they are out there for sure , I trolled by both Botany close FAD and Botany wide FAD last Friday and the GPS co-ordinates as on the DPI site are spot on.

At the wide FAD I had three hookups on 1m plus dollies and landed a 1.25m speciman , take along a block of good pillies and you will get a feed easily.

They seem to shut down at about 9.00am so get out there early.

Stumpy I just did the work for you :biggrin2:

Close FAD 33.59.316 151 20.951

Wide FAD 33.59.672 151 26.743

So of you go and have some fun and dont forget to take a fish donger or a fish kill spike and plenty of ice.

cheers

GoFish Pete

Mate, thank you soooooooo much! I really needed to hear that because work has been quite shitty this week!

:1badmood::1badmood:

Okay then, Day Release is going to hit the Dollies this weekend! (No horses spared!) :yahoo:

Cheers,

Happy Stumpy! :biggrin2:

great dollie, we are going to try the fads off botany this weekend ,havent found one yet this season.

any one know if the fads off botany are still there

went out last weekend scored about 10 dollies all legal all on pllies drifted back 3 other boats all scored a few each as well

also tolled to shelf up and down and back only scored a couple stripies

great water though

brett