Members Boat Names.

Etho

G'day Raiders,

I'm about to Name my boat, which got me thinking.

What have other members named their boats?, i know some people have

some funny ones so please, lets here em'

Cheers Etho

Well lest's see i call my boat honey, darling and many other things but for the name on the boat i would like to put LUNAR TIC but that's me a little screwed up. :tease:

But there is one thing that stops me from doing so.It is supossed to be bad luck to change the name of a boat so this could affect the resale.

cheers

bob

I called our little 4.2m glass 1/2 cabin runabout "Fanta Pants" She's got a lovely faded red colour & the name re persons of the ginger persuasion has always tickled my fancy, so I couldn't resist when I got the opportunity (Inherited her)

In order.........

Catastrophe....was a 23 sharkcat

The Villain.......was an Everingham Ski boat with an LS7 454

Troll Doll...... savage surveyor used for little else but game fishing

Taurus......23 searay flybridge, name came with the boat

Snafu......Savage Atlantic..situation normal, all fluffed up

woftam.....haines V19c...waste of ******* time and money

Lage nom ai.... 21ft long boat..named after a Jimmy buffet song

head hunter.....399 stacer proline..The wifes distant relo's were known to be slightly cannibalistic (seriously!! from PNG)

SQUIZZN...... Name and rego of my polycraft

Geoff

Edited by squizzytaylor

In order as well.....

565L Haines.....RageN - 175 evinrude, it flew

Stacer 445.......Small Fry - cute and small

Riviera 33ft flybridge......Stress Relief - ahh those were the days

Quintrex 530 spirit ....... Gone Wishin - everytime I go out I'm wishin for a PB.

Edited by gone_wishin

My family and I could not agree on a boat name, nor the intended purpose for the boat. Wife and kids think it's for skiing with, but I know it's for fishing from...

So we called her 'SKISH" :1prop:

Edited by Holmesie

21ft Clinker Half Cabin called 4SURE, it has that sinking feeling - 2 bilge pumps working almost all the time just to keep her floating, i was always very happy to get back to the ramp :biggrin2:

Bertram 25 called DARE II, i just need to stop going fishing so i can afford to put the stickers on the boat , twin 165hp inline 6ers keep me honest :wacko:

Every boat this family has ever had has been called "What" and it started with my dad's grandfather.

He said that back in day of his grandfather all boats were called what, who, where and when and his was called what so we have kept the name going.

My grandfather used the name all his life, so has my dad and so have I and I will continue it on as well.

Edited by reLapse

G'day Raiders,

I'm about to Name my boat, which got me thinking.

What have other members named their boats?, i know some people have

some funny ones so please, lets here em'

Cheers Etho

Hi Etho,

My 4.8 metre Haines is called Painkiller, named primarily after my favourite Judas Priet CD, but also for the medicinal effects being on the water can offer. Though the way the weather has been for the past few months I should have called it Panadol!

Cheers

Phil