Pipeclay Point, Narra Lake

mrmoshe

After Throw Me A Fish (Adrian) posted about a quick session at Pipeclay Point tonight at Narrabeen Lake..who was I to refuse meeting a fellow raider in my backyard.

We were to meet at 6pm for a fish until sunset at 8pm. I decided to hit it a bit earlier at 5pm, just to suss out how the conditions were.

Seabreeze said it would be a 10 knot breeze from the SW..perfect wind for fishing Pipeclay spit..WRONG!!

It was a sou-easter and bloody cold and blowing straight in your face...Oh well..make the most of it i says to myself.

The water was a little clearer than last Wednesday when I fished it last..then it was like milk coffee...today was more like strong black tea after all the rain we had here yesterday.

It was dead low tide and the sandspit was still underwater by about 10cm...Must have been lots of water flowing into the lake from that storm..It looked more like high tide.

I waded out and flicked a few different SP's about for just one hit...must have just lipped him as he gained his freedom after a short tussle.

Switched to the lure that worked on Wednesday..a squidgie silver fox paddle tail and was casting to the west of the spit as the wind was just too strong to cast east into the breeze.

Third casts of the said lure and I get slammed and a nice flattie breaks the surface and does a roll like a crocodile and promptly spits the hook almost at my feet...Damn!!

Knowing how lazy flatties can be, I thought I'd just do little casts around where I lost it..about 2 meters in front of me and guess what!!..He's on again. This time, I made sure the hook was properly home

and he did a couple of big runs.. Finally got him to the net and he's mine.

Never caught the same fish twice before, so that was a first..It went 51cm, which wasn't too shabby.

Adrian was caught up in traffic and arrived about 6:45, so not a lot of light left to fish.

We both tried all sorts of SP's to no avail after that.

Packed it in at 7:45 as he had to pick up his :wife: in Nth. Sydney.

She apparently said she'd like a feed of fish for dinner, and as Adrian's screen name here is Throw Me A Fish, I did just that as I still have some in the fridge from Wednesday's session. Enjoy mate.

Good to meet you Adrian and hope to hook up for another session again in the future.

Hooked Up (Lee) and myself are going to have another session next week as well, so hopefully, the lizards are still about then.

Here's a pic of Mr. Lizard.

Cheers,

Pete.

post-1685-1202465328_thumb.jpg

Well done Pete. Nice photography too and you certainly got hold of a very smart looking and well dressed stand in. The scenario is very attractive overall, it looks like a magazine advert for a rod and reel combo :D

Cheers :thumbup:

jewgaffe :1fishing1: r

Well done Pete. Nice photography too and you certainly got hold of a very smart looking and well dressed stand in. The scenario is very attractive overall, it looks like a magazine advert for a rod and reel combo :D

Cheers :thumbup:

jewgaffe :1fishing1: r

Looking smart my arse Byron..Here's the wider shot with Gulf Alive juice all down my shorts...Looks like I pissed my pants. :1prop:

post-1685-1202466729_thumb.jpg

No I don't like that last photo Pete it looks more like a tribunal complaint for a brand new washing machine :074:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Seriously Pete that was good fishing in poor conditions mate, barometer still coming out of a low but looking a chance, and it was very nice of you to donate that flathead to your offsider for tea.

JG

Great report Pete... and congrats once again on a great flattie...

My story not as exciting.. goes a little like this..

caught up in traffic :thumbdown:

had a quick 1 hour flick with some SPs for not even a tap.. tried all sorts of colours and sizes...

Pete must be overfishing the lake and not leaving any for the rest of us! Who said that commercial fishing was a problem for recreational fishers?

then it got cold.. then it got dark... then i scored myself a donation! :yahoo:

Pity it went a little bit quiet when i finally got there.. gotta love the Sydney Traffic....

Didn't get to put in as much of a session as I would of liked, but better than not fishing at all...

Great backyard you've got :biggrin2:

You had me thinking on the way home if my nick name had something to do with the fish donation...

not to be taken literally... but I won;t say no :biggrin2:

Haven't cooked him up yet, but he'll defintely go down a treat tomorrow!

Appreciate your generosity...

Will defintely holla next time i'm heading to your backyard to catch a few of my own..

Might try your "head start" tactics and see how well they work..

Cheers,

AJ

Great report Pete... and congrats once again on a great flattie...

My story not as exciting.. goes a little like this..

caught up in traffic :thumbdown:

had a quick 1 hour flick with some SPs for not even a tap.. tried all sorts of colours and sizes...

Pete must be overfishing the lake and not leaving any for the rest of us! Who said that commercial fishing was a problem for recreational fishers?

then it got cold.. then it got dark... then i scored myself a donation! :yahoo:

Pity it went a little bit quiet when i finally got there.. gotta love the Sydney Traffic....

Didn't get to put in as much of a session as I would of liked, but better than not fishing at all...

Great backyard you've got :biggrin2:

You had me thinking on the way home if my nick name had something to do with the fish donation...

not to be taken literally... but I won;t say no :biggrin2:

Haven't cooked him up yet, but he'll defintely go down a treat tomorrow!

Appreciate your generosity...

Will defintely holla next time i'm heading to your backyard to catch a few of my own..

Might try your "head start" tactics and see how well they work..

Cheers,

AJ

It was my pleasure Adrian and hope you enjoy the flattie tomorrow. They taste better after overnighting in the fridge anyway. No, the nickname had nothing to do with it...just that I have plenty in the fridge.

Holler next time you feel like hitting the old lake..I'll be there.

Sorry you didn't manage one in the chilly conditions.

Cheers,

Pete.

Well done on the nice flattie, Pete - not so good, the juice down the pants!!! I can understand your cropping of the original :biggrin2: Those Silver Fox squidie paddle tails are my favourite, too! I even dunk the tails in the red die & reckons it makes them even more popular with the flatties!

Was hoping to get the yak out today, but thunder & lightening started up as I was about to leave, so cancelled! Got a huge downpour, then bright & sunny for a couple of hours, now big wind, black clouds & about to bucket down again! Aaaagh!

Got a buddy arriving for a few days tonight, so that puts the kyber on my fishing till Tues or later! Nice high tides just now, too! :ranting2:

Cheers

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

good work in tough conditions, well done fellas 1s better than none.

51cm is good size hopefully theres a few more of them next week.

Thanks Lee...Yeah, lets hope they are still about next week.

Roberta..I bought those paddle tails in the cheapo markdown bin at GoFish Pete's the other day and didn't think much of them at the time, but they are definitely the go in the murky water at present..nothing else seemed to work yesterday.

Brett:

Thanks mate..looks like i'm a placcie man from now on...or until they stop catching fish and it'll be back to the WB :1prop:

Horses for courses I suppose.

Cheers,

Pete.