Harbour 9/2/8

inhlanzi

G'day Raiders

Headed out in the rain at 04h30 this morning to join my mates on another Harbour trip. On the way to the skippers place I thought we must be a bit nuts going out in this weather. Upon arriving at his house we all agreed we were all nuts and went anyway.

To find Roseville almost empty was amazing. No hassles in launching.

Now to his great credit my skipper had a plan. Livies, Squid and then Kings, coffee, sleep and home.

After a very disappointing weekend in the Pittwater last weekend our hopes were high for this trip to the harbour.

Livies were in good supply, no squid but so had to use frozen Hberry. Today was slower than two weeks ago but the livies did the trick. Very few boats about which was good.

Pickers and Peckers took heaps of our squid.

We picked up three kingies and two went back.

We downrigged after loosing lots of our squid bait and much to my surprise and delight a big yakka got smashed and in came a keeper.

Hats off to the skipper and his downrigging technique. We did a few more runs and got another fish.

The Sky began to look very threatening and so we left and went for coffee and the a slow downrigg home.

All in all a really good fishing day and a fun time on the water with great company

post-1963-1202549639_thumb.jpg

cheers

inhlanzi

PS - Not much better than a fresh Kinge slab and a beer or two for dinner.

Nice report Mike and glad you at least scored a feed.

This February weather is a bugger, but the good thing is you have the harbour to yourself practically.

Nice sized kingy and very enjoyable with the ale I'm sure :beersmile: .

Cheers,

Pete.

My crew convinced me to switch our trip to tomorrow morning - you guys are clearly tougher than us.

Well done on some nice Kings - I hope I do as well tomorrow. I'm running at about 1 keeper for every 10 rats at the moment so hoping the score might be a little better in the morning.

Cheers,

Black CC

Hi Mike, another enjoyable report! You're starting to like playing these kingfish ay. Plenty of solid kingie runs will test out your tackle for when you get back to Hawkesbury that's for sure. I'll bet another big jew is next on your agenda !!

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Yes Dan that was us

You blokes were brave in that weather!

It was good without the crowds

When the storm came did you go home or did you go for more bait?

cheers

inhlanzi

weather was fine mate up until we could see it come over near Watsons. We did head home but mainly because the races in Randwick were going to jump in an about an hour from when we left.

It was good while there was not many other boats there.

Quote Kiwi Dan

......We did head home but mainly because the races in Randwick were going to jump in an about an hour from when we left....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't blame you leaving Dan there's nothing worse than getting bowled over by a dozen galloping horses as they turn the bend in Military Road. A super fast and brave retrieve Dan !! :lol:

How's the home cooking nowadays Dan beats the old Watties ay!! :D

Cheers mate

Edited by jewgaffer

Quote Kiwi Dan

......We did head home but mainly because the races in Randwick were going to jump in an about an hour from when we left....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't blame you leaving Dan there's nothing worse than getting bowled over by a dozen galloping horses as they turn the bend in Military Road. A super fast and brave retrieve Dan !! :lol:

How's the home cooking nowadays Dan beats the old Watties ay!! :D

Cheers mate

No need for the watties Byron when theres feasting on Kings to be done! :074:

Inhanzi we ended up with 3 for the day and done by a fair few more mainly because it was a training day for Booga to get him hooked