Port Stephens Thursday

Marlin01

post-2950-1202598399_thumb.jpg

Quick trip out of the Bay on Thursday with a couple of mates and their familys Fisher saw us with 3 stripes and 2 blacks for the day. All on livies. Kept a Black to eat as it was made of fillets.

Saw a heap of Mexicans back at the boat ramp all of whom had a few tag flags flying, think they were fishing a few clicks south of CP. Plenty of bait including little frigates. 4 fish before tide change at 0930.

South west winds at around 12-18knts all day. Ran home in the Fisher @ 27knts, great ride very impressed.

cheers

Marlin

Great result there Marlin101 :thumbup: Nice photo and a good set up by what you can see, what's with the floor, was the carpet removed off the marine ply Martin? Those smaller black marlin fillets are real good on the plate too.

Gee those Mexicans must be keen chasers :D Did you notice a bus load of Chileans :lol:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

The floor is a ground rubber reconstituted into a sheet.

I have had the same floor covering in my haines for 4 1/2yrs. Virtually impossible to slip on, wet or dry. Doesnt absorb water or slime like carpet so represents a signifigant weight saving. Very easy to clean also. Probably the best flooring material I have ever seen or used in a boat, including teak flooring.

Ate some marlin last night, very nice. That fish was around 100-110kgs (Ive got a fair idea from my earlier gaffing days.)

Another pic of the boat. Awesome bit of gear.

post-2950-1202620563_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Marlin

Hi Marlin Can you post up details of that flooring material or as a new topic perhaps. I'm sure others would be very interested and would like to know the cost and where you got it from etc. Would be handy information to have in regards to using a more durable flooring material and the cleaning up afterwards.

You've got a pretty good looking sea boat in that one mate.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Re the flooring materials talk to the guys at JAG flooring in Newcastle

PH 1300729524

EMAIL info@internationalsolutions.com.au

or check their site WWW.JAGFLOORS.COM.AU

One of the guys at JAG has it in his boat, Michael Guest, his boat being In Like Flynn.

Michael actually put mine in my boat and did a great job. I know that Gary had the guys from JAG supply and install his in the Fisher also. Quite a nack to installing so worth getting the pros to help.

Heres a pic of the name inlay in mine 4 years on.

post-2950-1203385185_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Marlin