Botany King At Last

Mugen

Hey guys

Decided to hit Botany Bay early today as the rain was threatening the rest of the week and I Just needed to go for a fish : ) After all im still on holidays just coming back from a week in Queenstown NZ ...So Anyway me and my old man hit the water around 6.30 and headed into the bay to get some liveys...After 45mins the tank was full of Yakkas and was time to start downrigging..

first run ,first yakka down I finally get my first Kingfish ever and I tell you what it was a great feeling .The rod half buckled over ,drag singing and that pulling power that I have only read about...Now this fish was only 67cm long and went alright for its size...But I cant wait to get onto some larger ones..After this fish was caught they went off the bite and we could'nt find them again...But I was happy I finally hooked onto my first Kingfish..

Just cooked up some Kingfish cutlets and they were delish....

post-4116-1202803551_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mugen

Hey guys

Decided to hit Batany Bay early today as the rain was threatening the rest of the week and I Just needed to go for a fish : ) After all im still on holidays after a week in Queenstown NZ ...So Anyway me and my old man hit the water around 6.30 and headed into the bay to get some liveys...After 45mins the tank was full of Yakkas and was time to start downrigging..

first run ,first yakka down I finally get my first Kingfish ever and I tell you what it was a great feeling .The rod half buckled over ,drag singing and that pulling power that I have only read about...Now this fish was only 67cm long and went alright for its size...But I cant wait to get onto some larger ones..After this fish was caught they went off the bite and we could'nt find them again...But I was happy I finally hooked onto my first Kingfish..

Just cooked up some Kingfish cutlets and they were delish....

Congrats on your first kingy! :thumbup:

Well done on your first one,its a great feeling & there fight is always hard.

Plenty of big one's around too lately & you will no when they hit as i no

guy's getting busted up on 80lb braid & 100lb leaders before they can

even get the rod out of the holder.

Gets very addictive kingy fishin!!

cheers

steve

Very nice work Hodgey and congratulations on a nice fish.

Steve are you saying people are getting busted up in Botany, I thought I have been hearing that the place hasn't really been fishing well for kingfish except for the last 2 reports on this forum.

Well done on your first one,its a great feeling & there fight is always hard.

Plenty of big one's around too lately & you will no when they hit as i no

guy's getting busted up on 80lb braid & 100lb leaders before they can

even get the rod out of the holder.

Gets very addictive kingy fishin!!

cheers

steve

Well done on your first Kingy :thumbup:

It looks like the trend at the moment,Fishraiders breaking their kingy virginess.

I hope they are still around for the Kingy social so a few more raiders can do the same.

Unfortunately it wont be me,as my son has Soccer. :soccer_h4h:

Stephen

:1fishing1:

headed into the bay to get some liveys...After 45mins the tank was full of Yakkas and was time to start downrigging..

GDay All,

Can anyone PLESAE tell me where abouts in the Bay you get the Yakkas I have had no such luck...

:15: any assistance would be appreciatted!!

Cheers

Well done mate, you will be itching for the next one, if i could convince the :wife: , i would be out this arvo looking for kings, but unfortunatly she calls this day Valentines day or something and have been confined to the perimmeter of the house

what is this no fishing day they call Valentines day ???

Well done mate, you will be itching for the next one, if i could convince the :wife: , i would be out this arvo looking for kings, but unfortunatly she calls this day Valentines day or something and have been confined to the perimmeter of the house

what is this no fishing day they call Valentines day ???

i second that

Edited by Crazy John