Raiders As Kids

slinkymalinky

Come on... don't be shy... let's have a look at the photos of you as mini raiders!!

Here's me in about 1978 with a Gold Spot after a day out from Cairns on the fabled Sea Baby II. I can blame my mum (in pic) for my addiction to fishing and tackle hoarding. Lots more hair and much less waistline....

Cheers, Slinky

post-6175-1204256873_thumb.jpg

This would have been taken around the mid 50's. Unfortunatly they are a bit fuzzy but I'm sure you will get the general idea.

My first boat , taken at Currarong

post-731-1204264609_thumb.jpg

I do have a pic which is more appropiate bu for some reason does not want to upload

Geoff

Geees Slinky - that will mean I 'd have to find my old (very old) photo albums, pull them apart, probably destroying the picture I am after, try & photograph or scan it, resize it, post it ........ oooooh alright!!!!

Roberta

Sails second from the left, me on the far right - on the maroochy River

post-2231-1204283969_thumb.jpg

Me far left, Sails far right on the Maroochy River

post-2231-1204284003_thumb.jpg

Me far left, Sails next to me, cooking mud crabs .... ooooops, maybe Sails is on the right .... it's a long time ago!

post-2231-1204284031_thumb.jpg

Dad with his first Jewfish, caught at the CodHole Maroochydore River

post-2231-1204284055_thumb.jpg

Tackle Rats, fishing the Maroochy - me in the middle sitting down contemplating, Sails standing tall!

post-2231-1204284079_thumb.jpg

Lots of fond memories on the maroochy river!!! Even now, when we travel there, we stay at a camp ground just up the road from where the old shack used to be. Now it is a 10 storey block of home units!

Edited by Roberta

I'm at the back with my brother and sister in front of me. We were at the George's River we would fish and Dad would swim the horses. I don't remember catching anything. :biggrin2:

post-1141-1204286241_thumb.jpg

Gee that black triangle there in water looks like a "fin"....! :1yikes:

Geoff, you haven't changed a bit.

I'll have to talk to my mum and get some pics of me as a kid holding fish! :biggrin2:

Cheers

David.

Ok... check these out...

Geoff and I making sinkers and me with a reddie at Currarong. Both taken a loooooooooong time ago now!

I can kind of remember making the sinkers but I have absolutely no memory of the reddie.... :1prop:

post-237-1204342033_thumb.jpg

post-237-1204342074_thumb.jpg

Cheers

David.

Gee that black triangle there in water looks like a "fin"....! :1yikes:

Geoff, you haven't changed a bit.

I'll have to talk to my mum and get some pics of me as a kid holding fish! :biggrin2:

Cheers

David.

OK LETS GET THIS RIGHT DALUCIUS IS LYN

MR DALUCIUS IS GEOFF

:mad3::mad3::thumbup:

Regards

Lyn

OK LETS GET THIS RIGHT DALUCIUS IS LYN

MR DALUCIUS IS GEOFF

:mad3::mad3::thumbup:

Regards

Lyn

Yep, no problem...

But my comment "Geoff, you haven't changed a bit"... referred to my mate Geoff with the small boat at Currarong in the earlier reply.... :tease:

Yep, no problem...

But my comment "Geoff, you haven't changed a bit"... referred to my mate Geoff with the small boat at Currarong in the earlier reply.... :tease:

Oh, I see, sorry about that.

It has been confusing for a while for many so now I hope we have storted out who is who.