Chasing Calamari

dodgem

hi all, went into the harbour targeting just squid today for the first time i wanted to make it a meal and not bait. found a really good patch of them. they were all really good size and ended the day with 13. never been so lucky with calamari, but there was a heap of them. i dropped as many as i caught and also lost one massive one at the boat when i couldnt get to my net and tried lifting it in by the jig :thumbdown:

downrigged a couple of squid heads around some structure in the harbour and scored two quick kings, 1 going 70cm and the other a tiny 52cm. wasnt to keen for kings today so gave up after those two.

also got a nice blue swimmer in a net that i set early morning

it all went down great for dinner with the family

post-2837-1204883607_thumb.jpg

cheers david

Edited by dodgem

Does any 1 know any squid spots near rosebay boat ramp as thats were i launch from and my boats not that big.

Hi Kingmad,

In amongst the moored boats is sometimes a way to try for squid, otherwise around the shorline up towards neilsen park is very productive.

Josh

How good is that bait tank. You could sit back and watch your squid attack the yakkas all day.

Dave

Ditto! What a great idea, and something to offer amusement to the younguns if they get bored! :biggrin2:

Hodgey