New Electric Motor

tyrone07

after the other days frustrating brream outing without an electric ive decided 2 buy 1 and probarly look at importing 1 from america. Ive got a 12 ft v-nose punt and was wondering wat brand i was looking at the bow mount ft controlled motor guide great white or the minn kota maxum bow mount any other ideas. Ill post some pics 2morrow of my boat 2 see if i can even go bow mount. Cheers Tyrone :thumbup:

G'day Tyrone

On my boat I went with the MK and am very happy with it. I have driven the MG cable steers a few time and the MK are alot kinder on the legs over long periods (geeze I sound old :1tongue: ). If you get a chance try and have a drive of both and see which you prefer. Some people swear by MK and other MG.

If you are going to import one be careful of the freight, its a killer. make sure you get all your sums right before an order. And of course there is no warranty and with the MK foot pedals that can be an issue.

I recall Bass Angler had a special on them towards the end of last year. Give the boys a call and see what sort of price they can do you. You might be surprised

Try them both mate. I use an MG cable steer & I don't have any problems. Get whichever type suits you & the areas you fish the best. Cable steer are great in tight country.

I haven't had anything break yet on my MG either :biggrin2:

There is a foot pedal with the cable connected to it. It has throttle etc there as well. Just push down at the front to go one way & down with your heel to go the other. Takes a bit of getting used to but I don't have any problems.