First Time Bass Success

hassall

post-1241-1205140167_thumb.jpg

post-1241-1205140192_thumb.jpg

I convinced my wife at the start of the year that a canoe would be a great investment for leisure time. After reading up on chasing Bass I asked a mate if he would like to have a go at targeting them on Sunday morning. He happened to be at+_+_) and said that he didn't have any surface lures so he would just grab one from there.

This was our first time targeting Bass so we just thought it would be nice to go for a paddle and see if we could get a strike.

We hit the water at 6.30am up near North Richmond and there was already a few Kayaks and Canoe's on the river.

Two minutes in to the trip up river I had a good laugh cause my mate had the pants scared off him and almost fell out when he hit a fish with his paddle. At least there was some activity we thought.

I was casting around with a little Kokoda Bat and my mate was using a Popper that he'd bought from+_+_).

After about an hour of casting at many likely spots and having a couple of small strikes, my mate yells out I think i'm on, and proceeds to land his first ever Bass and the first fish in my canoe.

About ten minutes later I hooked up and landed my first ever Bass.

We were stoked to have some success. We have both lived in the Hawkesbury area our whole lives but always fished the salt. Needless to say after one and a half hours on the river we are now hooked on Bassing.

Cheers,

Deano

Onya Deano, awesome first maidon voyage in the canoe. Be sure to put me on the invite list for the next expedition.

p.s. we'll have to sort that blke with the headlamp out in the front of the boat next time.. havin' a shocker.. cheers....

post-1241-1205140167_thumb.jpg

post-1241-1205140192_thumb.jpg

I convinced my wife at the start of the year that a canoe would be a great investment for leisure time. After reading up on chasing Bass I asked a mate if he would like to have a go at targeting them on Sunday morning. He happened to be at+_+_) and said that he didn't have any surface lures so he would just grab one from there.

This was our first time targeting Bass so we just thought it would be nice to go for a paddle and see if we could get a strike.

We hit the water at 6.30am up near North Richmond and there was already a few Kayaks and Canoe's on the river.

Two minutes in to the trip up river I had a good laugh cause my mate had the pants scared off him and almost fell out when he hit a fish with his paddle. At least there was some activity we thought.

I was casting around with a little Kokoda Bat and my mate was using a Popper that he'd bought from+_+_).

After about an hour of casting at many likely spots and having a couple of small strikes, my mate yells out I think i'm on, and proceeds to land his first ever Bass and the first fish in my canoe.

About ten minutes later I hooked up and landed my first ever Bass.

We were stoked to have some success. We have both lived in the Hawkesbury area our whole lives but always fished the salt. Needless to say after one and a half hours on the river we are now hooked on Bassing.

Cheers,

Deano

Ahh Bass :biggrin2:

the first of many more i hope , good work

i have found lately with all the rain ond lower overnight temps the bass are getting a bit quiet.

still available though on surface lures just harder to temp.

surface lure freaks like myself usually have three main types of surface lures

Paddlers (jitterbug, buggi pop ect)

Poppers (any large popper 50+cm)

Pencils (sammy, NW pencil ect)

Bass will take all three but often one style will realy get a reaction, last thursday it was the black jitterbug

Love those feisty Bass

BM