Healthy Blackfish

mark84

Well finally got some time to fish been so busy at work last few weeks.

Went down to south curly got 4 hook ups lost 2 :1badmood::05:

really not happy about that but I will blame it on lack of practice recently.

Anyway I was surprised to see how fat and healthy they are i saw all 4 fish as i lost the 2 lucky ones at my feet.

The biggest was 44cm and fat the other would have gone about 35-38. Put the bigger one back as only need enough for me and the :wife: .

Great to see some healthy fish.

Oh and there was a huuuge school of salmon out a bit wider. I dont think the old avon would have reached em.

post-5144-1205313707_thumb.jpg

post-5144-1205313718_thumb.jpg

Hi Mark

Top looking fish! Nice fat condition. That 44cm would have given you stick!! They are beginning to look good up here, too. Large schools of biiig fish have been seen off the headlands of Seven Mile Beach .... can't wait for them to get into the lake!!

Have you tested your rod yet???? :) Hope it handles the heat!!

Here's to a goooood season!!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Mark

Top looking fish! Nice fat condition. That 44cm would have given you stick!! They are beginning to look good up here, too. Large schools of biiig fish have been seen off the headlands of Seven Mile Beach .... can't wait for them to get into the lake!!

Have you tested your rod yet???? :) Hope it handles the heat!!

Here's to a goooood season!!!

Cheerio

Roberta

ohhhhhhhh Roberta I used my rod once in coffs harbour and left it in the room and it must have fell from the wall and in front of the door when i went out that night and when i came back to the hotel room Bang.

I guess it wasnt meant to be. But I did catch a fish in the 20 min I got to fish in and it was beautiful very nice rod I will be looking for a similar blank as it was the best rod i think i have used, really sloppy but still had a bit of grunt.

And that bigger one took me about 5 min to land the waves dissapeard and it was a fair way up to land them thats why i lost a couple :05: .

bugger bugger bugger!! You must have offended the fishing rod gods somewhere!! What a shame - after all that work & effort ...... GORN!!!

Oh well, I suppose bits may come in handy for sleeves or whatever later on & retrieve any of the terminal bits that you can .... I am assuming here that it was severely crushed when trodden on??

It surely wasn't meant to be!!! :(

Cheerio

Roberta

bugger bugger bugger!! You must have offended the fishing rod gods somewhere!! What a shame - after all that work & effort ...... GORN!!!

Oh well, I suppose bits may come in handy for sleeves or whatever later on & retrieve any of the terminal bits that you can .... I am assuming here that it was severely crushed when trodden on??

It surely wasn't meant to be!!! :(

Cheerio

Roberta

Sorry roberta i dont understand myself sometimes, When I opened the door the door broke it so it clean snapped in about 4 or 5 places I was sooo devastated i spent so long making it i even made sure every thread was perfect it will be hard for me to do that again.

I went out again today with 3 hook ups got bitten off by one hungry fella pulled a hook on another and landed a nice little plump 37-39cm that i put back. Man with all this misfortune surely something really good must have to happen maybe i can feel one of those big hauls coming on havnt had one for a while :1prop:

Mark :mad3::mad3: :mad3 what are you doing buddy!

Now i really must say :05: look worst comes to worst keep the handleset up and sleeve it into a shorter blank

Mate BTW jealous as just wait ill i arrive back buddy then i'll show you how its done or i can get Dad to give you a lesson or two! :bump0ee:

Hows that kilwell handling things with avon?

Will call you shortly buddy!

Get into a few for me huh! And make sure you got some ham ready when i get back! :beersmile::beersmile:

Beers are on me!

Mark :mad3::mad3: :mad3 what are you doing buddy!

Now i really must say :05: look worst comes to worst keep the handleset up and sleeve it into a shorter blank

Mate BTW jealous as just wait ill i arrive back buddy then i'll show you how its done or i can get Dad to give you a lesson or two! :bump0ee:

Hows that kilwell handling things with avon?

Will call you shortly buddy!

Get into a few for me huh! And make sure you got some ham ready when i get back! :beersmile::beersmile:

Beers are on me!

Hey Royce heres the bad news it was the top half that broke in a few places just about what you would say SHATTERED!!!!!! :1badmood:

I damn near cried I will have to have a chat to you about what blank next..

Mate avon loves kilwell very happy together and they are putting up quiet a partnership together.

speedia is a bit neglected as i havnt been out much and when i do its mainly the rocks (plus i think it was dissapointed with the loss of the bf5144)

I must give your dad a call i have just been so busy he will put me back in line with these lost fish.

Anyway the ham is waiting.... :tease:

Go for a Kilwell 1365 same as your 13fott model but get it in the 12foot length and cut it down to 11'6" or do the same with a 13foot 1365 thats the blank number you can gettheglass to glass 2 piece jobs through the rodworks in Adelaide. Just google rodworks.

Cheers and keep at it.

Royce the expat luderick -angler!

Go for a Kilwell 1365 same as your 13fott model but get it in the 12foot length and cut it down to 11'6" or do the same with a 13foot 1365 thats the blank number you can gettheglass to glass 2 piece jobs through the rodworks in Adelaide. Just google rodworks.

Cheers and keep at it.

Royce the expat luderick -angler!

sounds good royce i will have to give you a call mate and sort it out anyway mate have fun :1fishing1: