Magic Day On The South Coast

Croydon

G'day folks,

Haven't posted for a while. Probably because I've spent too much time working in the garden and not enough fishing.

Decided today was the day. Called up a mate last night and met at the ramp at a leisurely 6.30am. Headed out into a beautiful sunrise and the flattest sea I've seen for a while. Pulled up at Snapper Island (just out of Batemans Bay) and had 20 slimies/yakkas in about 10 minutes. Better than the last outing, couldn't get one in an hour and a half!

Turned the Bar Crusher north to Pebbly Beach and headed to an area off some fish trap boys. We were in about 40m of water with the sounder showing 23 deg. and that beautiful blue you just love to see. Plenty of fish on the sounder but it took a while to get them to feed. Then this one takes a whole live yakka, I'd set close to the bottom. You beauty, dinner tonight.......

post-4525-1205396917_thumb.jpg

It was the best fish of the day. We tried a heap of great looking ground, but in the end, took home 2 good snapper, half a dozen flatties about 45cm and a few good size nannygai. Not bad for a slow day. As you can see the sea was just sensational. A little better than last fortnight as in the photo below. Sea's were up but the snapper on. Took home 10 not much smaller than this one my mate hooked up!!

post-4525-1205397344_thumb.jpg

Anyway, it was great just to get out again. Isn't this weather just fantastic, looks like summer has finally gotten here! All the best......

Dave

Well done Croydon,

I can hear the barbie sizzling from here.

Would love to head back to Batemans Bay one day. Was there about 12 years ago and took a charter reef fishing with some mates. Thought I had myself a good snapper but when the fish came ot the surface it was the biggest Sargeant Baker that I had ever seen. Not having a mother-inlaw at the time the fish went back to the bottom.

Hope to see some more posts from down south

Cheers

mr mojo

Thanks for the thoughts and well wishes. The snapper have been pretty good lately, can't say the same for the kingies since the marine park started. All the best grounds are closed and I haven't found anything new and reliable as yet. Might have to head to Sydney Harbour, you guys have been braining them!!! Tight lines...

Dave