Going Bass Fishing On The Manning

arpie

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control & I just can't help it!!!

A buddy & I will be taking our yaks out the back of beyond & hitting the Manning for some bass tomorrow!! I have the whole day to myself & if the body holds up, hope to also do an evening/dusk fish too!!! Gotta be there by 7am! :1yikes: Better set 2 alarms!!!

Took the old baitcaster out yesterday to have a practise & thought I was going pretty good, then changed from a heavy plug to a light plug & got the biggest birdsnest I have ever seen!!! :ranting2: Took over 1/2hr to get it out! I wasn't going to cut off 20m of brand new 20lb braid!!! :1badmood:

Methinks I will be taking my spinning rod as well!!! Adrian got a nice 56cm wild bass last weekend!!! Brilliant! He wants to see the look on my face when one slams the lure!!!

Will be taking surface lures & spinnerbaits (I have a collection of them that I have never used before ......) Some were so old, the rubber thingy had perished, so I retied all the skirts on with some braid!

Any tips on using them??? Remember, I am a novice at this style of fishing! There will be lots of trees & things along the edges to get caught up in as well!! I am taking my 9ft extending 'lure retriever' that I made up from a Golf Ball from water Retriever - should be good for the trees!!! I will take a tackleback for the underwater snags, too!!

Fingers crossed I get at least one fish to the yak!! :)

Cheerio

Roberta

Hope to have a glowing report in on Monday!!!! :thumbup:

Edited by Roberta

hey roberta,fished for bass in the hunter and glenbourn when i lived up that way 5 years ago.we used live shrimp on a bream rig with one off the little green balls running down to the hook,this works a treat in shallow running water,were the bait runs along the bank through eddys and under overhangs,may be worth putting a shrimp plastic and working the overhangs[be it grass or willows they love any shade or snag]they will generaly hit any thing that swims in there domain[just like a bream]

hope you smash them[i must now prepare for a night bream session on bonito strips]

regards brickman