Free Rod And Reels

suttonscurse

Hi Guys. My brother who lives in Victoria came back up to Sydney for another days fishing in Botany Bay. We had gone out on Sunday 24th February and had a great day on the bream but my brother had put my favourite Rack raider rod / Shimano Symetre reel in a rod holder and forgot to lock it in and of course over the side it went(In the middle of the channel off Towra) never to be seen again- :mad3: I did make a polite suggestion that he should go in after it but he declined my kind offer.

Being a nice brother ( and since he bought up a carton of crownies and gave me a present of a new rod and reel - albiet a chain store model , but still a reasonable package) I took him back out on the Bay again on Sunday 16th March . Must admit it was a tough day with only 3 whiting and a couple of very small snapper caught ( and 2 bustoffs on large fish at the bottom of the tide) but again disater struck - He put the new rod into a rod holder - for some reason didn't lock it down again even after my detailed instructions and lo and behold over the side it went again in virtually the same spot : :(

So the lessons are , 1)next time tie the fishing rod to my brother 2) don't bother fishing in the channel off Towra - the bottom is littered with my expensive gear and the fish are probably too busy laughing to be caught. 3) in the future double check that all gear is secure before moving the boat 4)ask the fishraider team for suggestions ..

regards Bill

Edited by Suttons Curse

Latest Fishing News from Towra

New FAD being established in the Channel off Towra - contact Suttons Curse for more details!!!

I bet someone will 'snag' them up sooner or later .... both of them!

What a shame that happened .... TWICE - Charge him for a rod & reel before he even gets on the boat, next time!

Cheerio

Roberta

Thanks Guys

I am seriously thinking about recommending my brother for an honorary fishraider award in selflessly establishing an artificial reef as a FAD in the Bay ( great suggestion Roberta :1Lighten: ).

I checked the rod holders and so long as the rods are set in place correctly , I can't get the buggers to pop open accidently so it is definitely operator error.

Unfortunately we were moving between spots both times so I don't have the exact location of where they went over the side.

Probably the best idea is from the guys at work who suggested that I should by pass the middle man (my brother) and just take all my rods and reels and throw them off the middle of Captain Cook Bridge . Their consensus is that it is like tearing off a sticking plaster - better one foul swoop than death by a thousand cuts.

However being a true silly fisherman, I have given more of my money to the local tackle shop so I will be back out on the Bay over Easter. (I have also contacted border security and requested that they keep my brother south of the NSW/VIC border :action-smiley-073: for quite a while).

regards Bill.

Edited by Suttons Curse

Is your brothers name Ceph?

:074::074::074:

Cheers

Wigg

You beat me to it - Sorry Ceph !!!

Maybe take Ceph with you next time because he is also good at catching them back.

I think he nearly has a 100% success rate.

You might even get your own cartoon and go into the Fishraider Hall of Fame if you keep this up!!!

Cheers

Greg