Syd Harb 17-3-08

Penguin

Hi Raiders,

Hit the harbour around 11ish 2day, tried spot x for several hours in an attempt

to catch a feed, it wasnt to be, tried spot y and z (OMH & TZoo) for didly squat.

Off home at 3pm to pick up my boy from school with no fish in the esky.

My son talked us into taking him out on the boat for a quick fish. We thought wat

the heck, the boy might bring us luck, so back to the shops for more prawns and

we were off to the boat. Got to spot x asap, and after about 30 mins there we

catch our 1st King 69cm, 20min later and after seeing numerous Kings follow the bait back

to the boat, we land our 2nd King (73cm) for the day. In between the Kings we also caught

2 Flatties to 47cm, and 3 Flounder to 39cm, and a couple of Bream 33 & 36cm.

We had 2moros feed in the esky, and we were so tired we set off for home.

penguin

My son and one of the Kings.

post-1664-1205760262_thumb.jpg

Edited by penguin

Hi Raiders,

Hit the harbour around 11ish 2day, tried spot x for several hours in an attempt

to catch a feed, it wasnt to be tried spot y and z (OMH & TZoo) for didly squat.

Off home at 3pm to pick up my boy from school with no fish in the esky.

My son talked us into taking him out on the boat for a quick fish. We thought wat

the heck, the boy might bring us luck, so back to the shops for more prawns and

we were off to the boat. Got to spot x asap, and after about 30 mins there we

catch our 1st King 69cm, 20min later and after seeing numerous Kings follow the bait back

to the boat, we land our 2nd King (73cm) for the day. In between the Kings we also caught

2 Flatties to 47cm, and 3 Flounder to 39cm, and a couple of Bream 33 & 36cm.

We had 2moros feed in the esky, and we were so tired we set off for home.

penguin

My son and one of the Kings.

post-1664-1205760262_thumb.jpg

Hey Penguin,I noticed that too ,the last week or so the Kings have been feeding in the PM rather than their normal mornings.But I have a hunch that over Easter they will return to the normal pattern (based on tide data)

Nice kid you have there,good to see that the feather/stumpy leg genes havn't been passed on to the young'un ! :1prop:

Hey Penguin,I noticed that too ,the last week or so the Kings have been feeding in the PM rather than their normal mornings.But I have a hunch that over Easter they will return to the normal pattern (based on tide data)

Nice kid you have there,good to see that the feather/stumpy leg genes havn't been passed on to the young'un ! :1prop:

Well said Braidbuster about the tide. The feeding habits of the other species Penguin caught are worth noting. It becomes consistent as to when certain species are at there peak, and over a period, the conditions and tides for various locations are adhered to by all good fishermen, anything else is only high hopes and guesswork.

I reckon the old Penguin has already summed it up for next time.

Can't get over these service station prawns tho, I'll bet John is giving them some special treatment and sitting back laughing at everyone ;)

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: