Pt Stephens Goin' Off Again

Ross Hunter

Having gone through a week or two of pretty patchy fishing I am pleased that the show has brightened up on the full moon and the stripes are back We caught 6 yesterday and should have caught 10 having dropped a few on skippers. Billfisher caught 6 as did Scott on Freedom We fished the top end oF the Mosh pit . I had the thrill of driving Chris Herbert's 54 foot Berty Absolute. What a great boat to catch a swag of marlin from, especially in the 25 knot nor easter. We steamed back, beam on into the conditions at 19 knots , very comfotable indeed I am getting to like these big boats, sort of getting spoilt.We caught the majority on live baits and skipped bonito . Our tally is now around 75 marlin released for the stay.

Last week we worked in close and whilst we did catch a couple, it was steady going but the fish are back out wide so it's back to the Pt Stephens we love

Ross and Glenn Hunter

I have put up a report on www.gamefishingcharters.com.au for those interested.

Having gone through a week or two of pretty patchy fishing I am pleased that the show has brightened up on the full moon and the stripes are back We caught 6 yesterday and should have caught 10 having dropped a few on skippers. Billfisher caught 6 as did Scott on Freedom We fished the top end oF the Mosh pit . I had the thrill of driving Chris Herbert's 54 foot Berty Absolute. What a great boat to catch a swag of marlin from, especially in the 25 knot nor easter. We steamed back, beam on into the conditions at 19 knots , very comfotable indeed I am getting to like these big boats, sort of getting spoilt.We caught the majority on live baits and skipped bonito . Our tally is now around 75 marlin released for the stay.

Last week we worked in close and whilst we did catch a couple, it was steady going but the fish are back out wide so it's back to the Pt Stephens we love

Ross and Glenn Hunter

I have put up a report on www.gamefishingcharters.com.au for those interested.

Good to see they are back

Gaz

Story of my life with Marlin.... (I think everyone has a horror fish, and this is mine).

"Should have been here last week/next week"

Great to hear you've found them again Rosco... I'll be back next season to try again and maybe for once I might pick the right days instead of the hole in the doughnut. Have one on me mate.... :beersmile:

Cheers, Slinky