A River Somewhere!

Guest Jocool

A call from Andrew (Swoffa) on Saturday had me rearanging my Sunday itinary to fit in an afternoon of Jew hunting along a stretch of river somewhere. I jumped at the opportinuty of tangling with another smelly fish! :thumbup:

We hit the ramp at about 4 pm, and cruised up the river and battled against wind, and chop the like of which you normally find in an open waterway. :thumbdown: We were hoping with every bend in the river, that we would be able to find a sheltered section we could begin the hunt, but it wasn't to be unfortunately.

We proceeded further upstream and tried to nail a few spooky bream. For those have tried, you know its no fun chasing bream in the wind. What really amazed me though was the amount of poddies that we spied and the numerous amount of large stud mullet cruising the river. A few decidely breamy shadows did present but were very very elusive.

Personally I tried a numder of differnt SP's including a PE and my fave, the Green Gord, for a couple of tiny bumps with no hookups. Whereas Andrew stuck to his weightless BS Minnows and was getting some results.

This first one wasn't even worth measuring but I had taken the camera, so I thought I may as well use it. :thumbup:

A couple of missed strikes, and a few dropped fish later and Andrew managed to nail this little sucker!

It went 30 cm to the fork, and was a very fat, solid bream. Much like me! :risata: It weighed just under a KG. Just after this one Andrew managed to get smoked 2 times in quick succesion. Once to a rocky ledge, and once to a tree stump.

As the afternoon wore on we made our way back to the spot where we were to do battle with a mighty smelly fish, but the wind gods did not look on us favourably. It was blowing a bloody gale!

So as it started getting dark we changed tactics and decided to find some more bream and explore a stretch of water we hadnt fished previously. By this stage we had switched to HB's. Me with a Mirra Shad, and Andrew with a SX 40. The fishing was very slow, but we did manage to nail a couple of tiny tackers. Andrew lost the battle with a bit of a horse that decided to spit the hook right at ME :1yikes: And dropped a good fish also.

All in all it was a very slow afternoon on the fishing front, but as a day on the water, it was a great success! I had a ball, and would like to thank Swoffa for getting me out there!

Thanks mate! :thumbup::thumbup:

Swoffa, that shade in the backgroung of the 2nd pic gives away the spot.... 

Adam

27417[/snapback]

That was my attempt at concealment Adam. I dont have photoshop so I just cropped the background out. :risata::risata: