Fuel Economy

slothe

Not an easy question to answer, for example you would get a less k's if you were travelling against a 5kn current and heading into a 30kn breeze.

I have a 115 4st on a 530 spirit (quintrex) it has a 90L tank and it will use a quarter when I put it in at Berrowra and travel to east reef - Barrenjoey - whale beach and back. A little more than a quarter tank if I put in in at Tunks park and go to a spot off Long Reef (about 10K's off Long Reef) and visit a few spots in the harbour.

I don't go out in any rough weather and I don't travel flat out, similar to what you posted around 3500 - 4500 rpm.

Edited by gone_wishin

Hi Red,

I also have a 560C, which has a 115hp Yamaha Saltwater Series 2 stroke, which is about 2 years old and done around 65Hrs. On my last trip out to the shelf I covered about 130K's for the day at normal speeds, nothing flat out and used around 120L's. This is a rough guestimate as I find the gauges on the boat aren't too accurate. I would expect you'd get better economy out of the E-TEC.

Did you get the photo's I sent you of the outriggers? All the best.........

Dave

hey red, i got a 530c barcrusher with a 90 etec and a 90 liter tank, i've been to browns mountain and back and i still had just under a 1/4 of a tank left. i drove around out there for a little while,conditions were good,estimated kms traveled 110!

Hi Red, what I see any time I run a V4 on a boat like yours is about 18L/HR at the RPM you mentioned. If you know how fst you are going at the RPM then you can work out how many Kms you can expect from a 150L tank. At a guess I would say you would be doing about 35K/Hr at that RPM so you will be getting about 290K from you tank.

Do you not have at least the Tacho with the fuel flow info or better yet the I-Command digital gauges that give you fuel flow from the EMM. The last V4 I drove was just B4 Easter on a 6.0M Sportsfish and it was perfect with the V4 and as menioned I was seeing about 18L/hr on the I-Command.

Hopefully you have the correct prop and are seeing about 5400-5600RPM at WOT with your normal load and also you have the SST prop. On more thing we find on hole 3 works best for engine height. Incorrect set-up with any engine can hurt fuel economy but more importantly engine life.

What RPM are you getting?

Cheers,

Huey.

How many K's should i be getting out of my Etec 115 pushing a Bar crusher 560C. It has a 150l tank. I travel around at about 3,000 to 4000 Rpm.

Red, i have a 115 etec on my 5.5 platey, from memory at at that rpm i will get about 300k's from the gps range on 150lts.

I have left shellherbour ramp and traveled to Kiama canyons 4000rpm, fish bottom with motor running 2 hrs, and back at same rpm, travel about 90ks and used about 55lts.

Hope this helps.

Luke.

Hi Red,

I also have a 560C, which has a 115hp Yamaha Saltwater Series 2 stroke, which is about 2 years old and done around 65Hrs. On my last trip out to the shelf I covered about 130K's for the day at normal speeds, nothing flat out and used around 120L's. This is a rough guestimate as I find the gauges on the boat aren't too accurate. I would expect you'd get better economy out of the E-TEC.

Did you get the photo's I sent you of the outriggers? All the best.........

Dave

Yes i did thank you