Iron Cove

Hi Raiders,

Was able to fish two 2 hour sessions...first was last Wednesday morning around Rodd point area and the water was calm as. I caught several whiting, flathead and bream but the standout for this session was a nice bream that was caught off of the surface. She took the lure off of the surface with very little splash but a very loud sucking sound. After its first run the bream didnt really fight much more :thumbdown: . She measured 34cm to the tip.

post-4329-1206708452_thumb.jpg

post-4329-1206708441_thumb.jpg

The second session this week at IC was this afternoon after work. Again caught several fish of the typical species whiting, flathead and bream. Standouts for this session was losing what felt to be a big flattie :mad3: ...I must have just lip hooked it and it didnt realise it was hooked coz I was just lifting dead heavy weight for a while until it got close and flicked its tail once and spat the lure right back at my face...it was like matrix there for a second with the trebles flying very close past my face in what seemed like slow motion :wacko:

The other standout was a nice breambo that fought like it was going to be a PB for me taking heaps of long runs. It wasnt a PB ...however it definitely gave me a memorable run :thumbup: . She measured 36cm to the tip.

post-4329-1206708462_thumb.jpg

All fish were over the two days were released to grow bigger (still hoping one of the bream will find my lure again after growing a few more cms so I can get my 40cm+ :1prop: )....am I just lucky or do the fish seem like they are bitting more consistently lately??

Anywayz...tight lines raiders!

Jeff

Hi Raiders,

Was able to fish two 2 hour sessions...first was last Wednesday morning around Rodd point area and the water was calm as. I caught several whiting, flathead and bream but the standout for this session was a nice bream that was caught off of the surface. She took the lure off of the surface with very little splash but a very loud sucking sound. After its first run the bream didnt really fight much more :thumbdown: . She measured 34cm to the tip.

post-4329-1206708452_thumb.jpg

post-4329-1206708441_thumb.jpg

The second session this week at IC was this afternoon after work. Again caught several fish of the typical species whiting, flathead and bream. Standouts for this session was losing what felt to be a big flattie :mad3: ...I must have just lip hooked it and it didnt realise it was hooked coz I was just lifting dead heavy weight for a while until it got close and flicked its tail once and spat the lure right back at my face...it was like matrix there for a second with the trebles flying very close past my face in what seemed like slow motion :wacko:

The other standout was a nice breambo that fought like it was going to be a PB for me taking heaps of long runs. It wasnt a PB ...however it definitely gave me a memorable run :thumbup: . She measured 36cm to the tip.

post-4329-1206708462_thumb.jpg

All fish were over the two days were released to grow bigger (still hoping one of the bream will find my lure again after growing a few more cms so I can get my 40cm+ :1prop: )....am I just lucky or do the fish seem like they are bitting more consistently lately??

Anywayz...tight lines raiders!

Jeff

Jeff well done mate some great looking fish, can i ask if the last pic has a hubby in its mouth?

As for catching more lately you might find it has to do with the spawning session which isnt to far away.

Good luck and i hope you get your 40cm+ bream. :1fishing1:

Jeff well done mate some great looking fish, can i ask if the last pic has a hubby in its mouth?

As for catching more lately you might find it has to do with the spawning session which isnt to far away.

Good luck and i hope you get your 40cm+ bream. :1fishing1:

The HB in its mouth is a Smith Lure - Camion SR and the colour is a clear green with red eyes. Tends to work well for me in IC especially around the many shallower areas.

The lures look great can i ask where abouts you bought them?

Sure you can. I bought it from the tackle store next to the reading cinema's in Auburn.

Just a question snag were you fishing Parra River last sunday (30/03/08) in a bing lee boat??

If so that was me and my friend waiting at the ramp for Jack from the above tackle store to arrive. We ended up launching abit after 7AM and fished till about 930AM we fished parra river and HC for a good mixed bag of whiting flatties and decent bream.

The mat black Camion SR was killing it that day. I am pretty sure I hooked that 40cm+ bream ive been waiting for. It took the black camion SR right next to the boat and it ran straight under for about 5 to 8 meters then arched out to the back of the boat and ran another 5 m easy...but unfortunately due to my excitement and lack of experience with a fish of this size the nice bream spat the hooks when it headed back for the boat after a long run :1badmood: oh well :05: .

Below are some of the fish bagged that day. All were release for others to catch another day!!

post-4329-1207045185_thumb.jpgpost-4329-1207045192_thumb.jpgpost-4329-1207045205_thumb.jpgpost-4329-1207045213_thumb.jpg

Yer that was me on sunday in the bing lee boat you should have said hello, its not my best time for remembering faces sorry, had a few new comers to the lure world and i recon after we finished they where hooked.

Trust wacko jacko to be late and thanks for the colour and tackle store info.

Edited by snag

Yer that was me on sunday in the bing lee boat you should have said hello, its not my best time for remembering faces sorry, had a few new comers to the lure world and i recon after we finished they where hooked.

Trust wacko jacko to be late and thanks for the colour and tackle store info.

hahaha. wacko im still waiting for our wednesday outting on the river after work with him. :1prop: