A Near Perfect Day On The Water!

james7

“Pick-A-Box” Syd had promised his mate (Raider) Peter Koch a trip out fishing. Peter had also been waiting since Christmas to test out his new rod and reel. After an early morning call it was all arranged.

Peter has been doing it pretty tough lately and a day out fishing would be the best medicine. After the usual jokes about his new ‘Kojak’ look due to his recent treatment, we headed out of Port Hacking into Bate Bay.

Well, it didn’t take long for Peter to give his rod a real workout. He was on fire!

A small hammerhead and couple of shovel nose sure put up a good fight.

post-4381-1206865242_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1206865287_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1206865326_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1206865395_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1206865441_thumb.jpg

But the best was a great 53cm flathead. I wouldn’t say that Syd and I were jealous, but …

post-4381-1206865486_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1206865533_thumb.jpg

Peter didn’t stop there. He continued all day and out fished Syd and myself comprehensively. There was no contest, this was Peter’s day!

Peter’s final tally:

8 flathead

2 tailor

1 hammerhead & numerous other sharks/rays, heaps of small snapper as well as a stack of yakkas and slimies.

The total catch

post-4381-1206865587_thumb.jpg

I’m sure all fellow raiders wish Peter all the best and it’s only good news he receives in a couple of weeks.

Cheers

PeterS

Glad you had a good day out on the water Peter. :thumbup: Nice to see you outfish your mates Pete and Pick-A-Box Syd with the new outfit and it's a credit to them for their knowledge of the Hacking area.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer