Mh Weekend.

harrold101

Hey raiders.

went out on the tinny on saturday and sunday in middle harbour in hope of a kingie or two.

didnt given get a hit :1badmood:

have the kingies moved out of MH or was it just a bad weekend... did anyone have some luck in MH?

Yeah, I'm with you guys,

tried on Sat at middle harbour for jew and the main harbour and middle harbour for kings after sun rise, nothin at all :1badmood: Not even a hit!

The we scored a massive calamari though, but that was the only thing we brought home after a 13hr session. We tried in desparation forsome flatties on SP's around roseville, hooked onto a beautie only to watch it spit the hook right at the boat.. Damn it!!

Was such a beautiful day though. We didn't spot anyone else getting onto good fish.

I did notice a considerable change in air temp and water was a little cooler, 18 Deg in North harbour.

Well I lost one live yakka at one of the buoys and then nothing. What I did find were leatherjackets near sow and pigs. All were pretty small and they were there in swarms so when they move in eat everything that moves. I caught 15 in five minutes using a bait rig sweetened with slimy mackeral but at the end of the five minutes all my jigs were bitten off.

I also caught an oceanic toadfish. I should have taken a pic before throwing it back in.

Fished on sunday morning MH.

We managed a few hits on jew and one small boated jew at around 50cm.

Over the next three months i will only target jewies and big flatties.

It was tough going and had to work hard.

Go for jewies in any deep water near structure. Do lots of shorter sessions targeting them around high and low tides.

Cheers