Off To Port Hacking This Thursday

fisherdad

There is lots of discussion about Kingfish in Sydney Harbor and Botany.

What about Port Hacking for Kingfish.

Im going for an early fish with on Thursday and I dont see any point drowning Yakkas or feeding Squid to the fish population of Port Hacking for the sake of it

A mate of mine suggested Osborne Shoal

Or do I invest in the whiting population

Last year around this time we got smoked a few times around the lilli pilli moorings.

Dont know about this year but I reckon there are a few resident hoodlums living in those areas.

There are absolutely no king fish anywhere in port hacking. A complete fish desert nothing but toad fish and sting rays -honestly-

There are absolutely no king fish anywhere in port hacking. A complete fish desert nothing but toad fish and sting rays -honestly-

Not even sure if there are sting rays actually. - serious-

Dave

the hacking is a hit and miss when it comes to the fish... a mate of mine who fishes of a kayak regularly says the moorings at gunnamatta bay holds kingies... though as he hasnt got a loud engine scarying all the fish away he tends to be more successful that i have been in my boat.

give it a try anyway...

if ever there was a reply which would charge me up about fishing a spot THIS would be the one.

shame.

if ever there was a reply which would charge me up about fishing a spot THIS would be the one.

shame.

Fishing the Hacking is one thing. Finding the fish is a whole other venture. In the last few years I have gone from only using it to gather poddies and nippers so I could fish the Bay to it now being my regular fishing spot but it has taken a lot of effort to find where the fish are holding.

Dave

Who cares if there are no fish. One of the most picturesque places to wet a line. If their not biting, there are always plenty of nice beaches to have a picnic. On a few ocassions I've sighted some white pointers there though!

Fishing the Hacking is one thing. Finding the fish is a whole other venture. In the last few years I have gone from only using it to gather poddies and nippers so I could fish the Bay to it now being my regular fishing spot but it has taken a lot of effort to find where the fish are holding.

Dave

reckon your right on the money there dave ,there are plenty of good fish in the hacking but they seem more educated than most or it might be the clean,clear water

cheers arman

What a GREAT day.

Hit the water before Dawn and sheaded straight out to Osborne Shoal.

As we approached the Mouth their was a Thunderstorm lurking to the NE and it just evaporated.

First Stop Osborne Shoal, Lines in the water and sall flattie, followed my 10 or more small flatties.

Moved around a bit even tried Boomerang Reef, 10 seconds in the water and our luck had changed, Leather jackets.

This is when we found about the exclusion Zone and even though the Police Boat that passed didnt ask us to move on it we wer over the Leather Jackets.

Headed in close and my mate started to turn green so we went in.

We decided to Drift in on the incomming tide from the Cardnial market near Bundeena

15 seconds flat Good Flounder

Next cast, Small Flattie , Small Flattie, Small Flattie all the way to Lilly Pilly

Moved and ancored up in the middle of the deep at Lily Pilly. Couple of small Bream and then BANG. I dont know what it was but it took the squid and busted be off all in one hit. (Nearly wooped myself) :05:

The next few hours saw our sun tan improve.

End result was 2 fish for my mate.

I could not believe how great the Day on Hacking was all it needed was bigger fish. :thumbup:

Work Tomorrow :whip: It can rain

David

Unless u want heaps of undersized snapper or u wanna lose 5 packets of gulps to toadies, leather jackets, and chopper tailor dont even bother with port hacking, its a hole! Lilli Pilli was on fire for me a few yrs ago with an assortment of pelagics aswell as some decent bread and butter fish but these days i have no luck. could the water be TOO clear???

agreed. it seems very seasonal. i don't find it too consistent, but when the pelagics were in a few years back the fishing was hot.

Hi all,

Many of my bream angler mates do confess that the hacking is very hard work, in comparison to botany and harbour (parra river).

There are some good fish still there but the clarity of the water , and the boating traffic does make it very difficult.

Not sure about kings though !

MR RB.

Edited by Mr Rosebay