My Girl's First Day Out On The Bluewater!

Steve07

After Angelique's great day out on the bay getting amongst some nice bream,whiting,trevally & the big lizard,

it was no suprise she was keen to get back out there the next day again & try her luck on the bluewater for

the very first time,chasing the schools of striped tuna & frigate mackerel that had come right in close to

within 70m off the coastline at maroubra & malabar.

With some great reports on saturday from anglers fishing the Sydney tournament,there were

miles of stripeys & frigates gorging themselves on the vast baitschools that had come in close in the 23.5

degrees water up against the rocks out from Botany Bay,i decided with the great weather conditions forecast for the morning,this was a great chance to get out there & have some real fun with these great

speedsters on light threadline tackle.

Once We finally got organised & got the boat on the water around 7.30,i thought that starting the day with

another quick fish in the estuary chasing bream & whiting with the bait we had left over from the previous

day,would at least give Angelique some action & a bit of fun,before making the decision to head outside or

not depending on the conditions & if the fish were still in close to chase.

The day started were we left off the day before with the bream,and some really nice fish too, on the

bite pretty much straight away,once the outfits were set & ready.Within an hour & a half Angelique once

again had a ball catching 7 nice bream & 2 trevally again on ultra light 2lb line.But as i got the reports over

the radio that the surface fish were on fire again outside,and my daughter giving me the hint that she wanted to catch something big,we soon enough had the boat heading out over the very flat & glassy conditions between the heads.

At the 100metre mark off Malabar we had a small spread of 3 threadline outfits,trolling a pink squid jet head,

a metallic blue/silver jet head & my favourite clear white over purple on the third rod.

Amazingly this lure got all 4 strikes we had in the 2 hours we spent out there,with some screaming hits &

awesome runs on the 6lb mono line giving Angelique a really hard time holding onto the outfits & trying to

wind-in these tough little fish,which included 3 frigate mackerel,the biggest 1.5kg & a striped tuna that

went 2.35kg,which proved to be really stubborn & tough for her to land,after that striped tuna her arms

were gone & that was it for her,she was now asking how many more do we have to catch,i got the hint &

with the sun getting pretty hot by lunchtime we headed back in for home.

Another great & very enjoyable day on the water with my daughter,that i think she enjoyed the most of

all days fishin so far.

Best of all she didnt get sick out on the open ocean,something that i was worried about before going there.

Cheers

Steve

post-4166-1207641819_thumb.jpg

post-4166-1207641843_thumb.jpg

post-4166-1207641981_thumb.jpg

post-4166-1207642001_thumb.jpg

Edited by nexus

Thanks guys for all your kind words,i guess the memories of days like that will stay in mind always,just like

any other mum & dad who spends special moments with there kids,i no while she is young i will try to get as

much fishing done with her as possible,because being a girl plus school & sports on weekends,she will probably find other interests too as she gets older.

Hopefully this addiction that her dad has got with fishing,she can keep for a lifetime as well.

Thanks

Steve

Well done.

Looks like a good family day out on the water.

What radio station tells you fishing reports?

High Tide on 2KY 1017 am band on Saturday and Sunday mornings, hope thats what you meant

Edited by TunOFun

A good result as usual Steve and an excellent choice of locations holding the boat in close. A big well done Angelique :thumbup: I'll bet you will keep on fishing and helping Dad out when you get older.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: