Sunset Over Cronulla

james7

Stunning colours, Peter! Sunsets & sunrises have to be my most favourite photos.

Do you have a point & shoot digital camera or do you use a SLR (digital or old fashioned) &/or play around with the pics on Photoshop or other software?

Cheerio

Roberta

Stunning colours, Peter! Sunsets & sunrises have to be my most favourite photos.

Do you have a point & shoot digital camera or do you use a SLR (digital or old fashioned) &/or play around with the pics on Photoshop or other software?

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Roberta. Glad you liked the colours. but I was disappointed with the way the pictures look at low res on screen. I realise it's impossible to put up images that are all over 4MB.

I do use Photoshop to crop and resize the images. I usually don't bother enhancing images for posting except maybe adjusting the levels a tad.

Re the cameras, I normally just use a "point and shoot" fuji 8MP on the boat because all that salt water worries me, but sometimes I take my "proper" camera, a Nikon D70 with a 18-70 lens. I feel more in control using that, probably because I'm used to it. The advantage of the fuji is that it can take movies as well. Some of the shots I post are video stills, hence the poor quality.

What camera do you use Roberta, because you've taken some fantastic shots.

I'd be interested in the different cameras Raiders prefer using and also, if any have a waterproof camera or housing and what are they like?

Sometimes I don't know whether I prefer photography or fishing. I love both.

Cheers

Peter