S W Rocks Any Reports

pappy

hi...roberta is right some nice cobia being caught..if you check the fishing monthly web sit there is a daily report from swr tackle and it will give you a fair dinkum report....bob

Edited by noisy

Hi Graz,

With that other web report (which I check frequently) are you saying that he overstates the action???? I have found that the general gist is true. But I guess I only fish SWR once per year. I am interested as I leave for SWR tomorrow for a week. Would love to know what to target. Was going to try Spotties with a livey on the bottom for a cobe.

After that I will have to chase to charter boats to locate some snapper reefs in deeper water as I have nothing in my GPS except the snook and goal reefs.

The Poacher

Just back from a coupla days at SWR. Fishing was a little tough by their standards.

Day 1 fished SP's for reds-drew a blank

Day 2 fished wide (up to 350 fathoms) for 15 kings 6-8kgs and a few mixed fish.

Day 3 fished for spotties-10 reds to 2 kgs and one spanish 12kgs along with all the mack tuna you would ever want to catch 5-8kgs (probably caught 15-16 of them). No sign of a spottie fishing live and dead baits.

Still a lot better than Newcastle.

Quite a few cobes still being caught by those targeting them.

Weather should get better round monday.

So Good luck

Just back from a coupla days at SWR. Fishing was a little tough by their standards.

Day 1 fished SP's for reds-drew a blank

Day 2 fished wide (up to 350 fathoms) for 15 kings 6-8kgs and a few mixed fish.

Day 3 fished for spotties-10 reds to 2 kgs and one spanish 12kgs along with all the mack tuna you would ever want to catch 5-8kgs (probably caught 15-16 of them). No sign of a spottie fishing live and dead baits.

Still a lot better than Newcastle.

Quite a few cobes still being caught by those targeting them.

Weather should get better round monday.

So Good luck

thanks for that update marllin01