A Few Showers Still Good Fishing ?

badblackdogjack

Excuse the naive question,as im only new to the sport..... but Ive been rained off work the last few days,and its only been sprinkling a bit,every couple of hours....And have been keen to have a fish,and dont mind getting wet, so what would the fishing be like on the harbour ???? I just feel like getting out and having a go... :1badmood:

Excuse the naive question,as im only new to the sport..... but Ive been rained off work the last few days,and its only been sprinkling a bit,every couple of hours....And have been keen to have a fish,and dont mind getting wet, so what would the fishing be like on the harbour ???? I just feel like getting out and having a go... :1badmood:

Give it a go. I have found my best fisging days have been rainy days. I'm going to try the parra river for a jew which seem to be lurking around.

Mate,

If you dont mind getting wet go for it.

Big tides can be a problem though depending where you fish.

Go for a jewie in deep water anywhere you can on the high or low tide.

They are out there.

Cheers

Go for it! I prefer to fish days like this (but not continuous heavy downpours). Fish seem to be less shy of lines in this sort of weather, and food gets washed into the system. I like to fish close to the junction of two channels if I am fishing a river system, or river entrances in estuaries. Some of my best bream have been caught in the rain or just before a southerly comes through. Bream will also nail small poppers in the rain. As long as there is no lightening, the rain beckons me to fish.

:Funny-Post: cheers robeebee

Anyone know where you can buy reproofing in Sydney around the city ???? THANX

RM Williams in George St. has some I believe. Or try the 'adventure/outdoors' shops that sell camping gear & accessories.

Cheers

I know what you mean, im bustign to get out this weekend but am a bit shy of teh rain, dont mind a few drizzles on and off, but until i get a half cab with a bit of shelter or a decent bimini i might give it a miss

Hi badblackdogjack

Fish become more aggressive during sudden storms and showers, except when a low front has established and settled in. It's good to be out there just before the change because if you arrive when a low front has set in, you often find that fish have already stocked up on food in preparation for the low front, and fish shutdown according to the particular species' needs to find their right comfort zone in the water column. Some species need to go into deeper water while others can still tolerate the shallows and in low fronts, they may feed spasmodically and then go off as it worsens.

Inshore species are more affected by low fronts and ongoing southerlys regardless of high front or low front than are pelagics and natural deep water bottom dwellers and because of a difference in habitats and swim bladders and you have to hunt harder and fish in uncomfortable conditions to have a reasonable result.

Fishermen can have their best day ever in rain or sunshine and, without releasing the significance of the same conditions being ongoing, come back to the same spot the following day, whether or not rain gear is necessary and have their worst result ever.

A low front will show as a barometer reading below say 1004 milibars depending on season.

When the barometer reading is rising from above the accepted normal weather reading of 1016 milibars or above say 1004 milibars and rising or coming out of a low front noticably, and is closely followed by flash storms and showers, that type of storm and rain is known to liven up fish feeding activity and fish can even go into a state of feeding frenzy. It's good to be prepared to go out fishing or be on the water at those times.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer