I Need Some Tips!

soft-on

Hello Fellow Raiders,

I am heading to Brisvegas on Thursday & need some hints tips for Wivenhoe & Somerset.

I really want to get into some Bass a Saratoga.

If there is anyone with some hints tips would be great.

Thanks in Advance

Cam

Hello Fellow Raiders,

I am heading to Brisvegas on Thursday & need some hints tips for Wivenhoe & Somerset.

I really want to get into some Bass a Saratoga.

If there is anyone with some hints tips would be great.

Thanks in Advance

Cam

Wow Cam i cant help you there sorry buddy but i envy ya

that your gunna be chasing TOGAS interesting fish let us

know how you went when you come back :thumbup:

Cheers

Rizzo :biggrin2:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Rizzo

I haven't fished Summerset and Wivenhoe a few years now. I was unaware of there being Togas in either dam but there are definitely Bass in these two impoundments.

There are a number of ways to to get on to a good bass in SEQ and all are dependent on the time of day.

First light 06:30 am through to about 09:00 am; although, more success has been had of late in the evenings 4:30 pm through to dark.

1. HB Popper. Small poppers to about 45mm. A couple that have given me a lot of success are:

a. Cicada style with rubberised wings that create a great wobble; slow reterve followed by a long pause.

b. Bubble pop 35mm (opaque natural and dark colours) two to three short sharp jerks followed by a long pause.

2. SP bugs rigged on resin head jigs; fished slow with constant pauses (3-5 seconds) amongst the grass on the edges of the banks or along the edges of the weed banks.

3. Surface Fly.

a. popper - Gartside gurgler. 2 – 3 sharp strips followed by a long pause.

http://www.illawarraflyfishers.com.au/flyt...urgler_bass.htm

b. Bass Ant. Slow figure of eight retrieve coupled with frequent pauses.

During daylight hours; the higher the sun gets the deeper the fish go.

With the use of a good sounder find out where the thermocline sits; depending on the water temperature this will be anywhere from around 16 feet to 25 feet. Look for the bait fish and you will find the Bass.

3. HB bibless. Jackal to 70mm in natural colours. Ecogear VT55sp. At a given depth count the lure down, this will give you an idea of how long to count your lure down before commencing a slow retrieve.

4. Spinner-bait (Bassman - white head silver blades with a blue shirt) fished the same as the HB.

5. SB. on a large enough head to get it down to the desired depth.

6. Subsurface Fly - Bass Vampire. 2 to three strips followed by a long pause.

I hope this helps good luck SEQ is a great place to fish

Squizy

Edited by Squizy