Top 5 Questions Asked By Passengers?

Seagoon

Geeze i get asked all the time if the anchor rope is tied to the boat... wot about you others? Asking if the bung is in is helpful & forgivable... but are there any other questions that annoy you? As i said the anchor rope one is the one i get all the time.

Perhaps we can think up some smart arse answers to these common and annoying q's?! :-) Perhaps "No" is a good generic one!!

Geeze i get asked all the time if the anchor rope is tied to the boat... wot about you others? Asking if the bung is in is helpful & forgivable... but are there any other questions that annoy you? As i said the anchor rope one is the one i get all the time.

Perhaps we can think up some smart arse answers to these common and annoying q's?! :-) Perhaps "No" is a good generic one!!

Not so much me been asked but

One question i seem to ask every time i'm at the ramp which is both annoying and helpfull

goes some thing like this......

Okayyyyyyyyyy where have you put the flaming WINCH handle........

Cheers Warnie

my one is typical at a crowded boat ramp...

quite often a bunch of those dreded jet ski owners, or passing cyclists will come running up to gawk at our impressive catch of tuna, dollies, blue eye, flatties etc promptly followed by the standard:-

"where did you catch those? All in the Bay?"

my reply generally goes along the lines of:-

"Yes... in the bay, on peeled prawns??!!"

i know i know... im cruel :1prop:

CFD

I've done somthing like that, but it was a reply to a mum of a couple of young swimers when we produced a 1m+ mako shark back at the boat ramp. But my best passenger (i should have just shut the f#@$! up) was mid way thru a swrocks bar crossing when i said do you know theres a 10ft wave right behind us.

Sorry Sea Rabbit it will never happen again. Gee we had a good laugh after wards but " never dout your skipper half way thru a bar crossing".

Waynie.

In the excitement of boat fishing off goes the head and on goes a pineapple. :D

Questions I've been asked:-

This thing bites why can't I bleed it over the side to save the carpet?

How long before we'll catch one from now do you think? :o

I can't imagine my one wanting to eat a whole yellowtail What size will they be?

Cheers

jewgaffer :lol:

Better to ask than to not have :biggrin2:

My young bloke (now 15) doesn't question me, he just says if we have to go back one more time he is staying home :angry: .

He reckons I blame him for the stuff I have forgotten, I say it shouldn't be me that has to remember to get everything.

Little does he know I am training him to ask "questions" :1onono: , either that or I am getting forgetful :wacko:

He says the latter.

Like the answer to where you got the shark, that should be a standard issue I reckon! Or, just over there where your kids are swimming etc etc...

One I seem to be getting a bit now that I have a boat with scuppers & self draining deck....."Isn't the water supposed to be OUTSIDE the boat?"

And the ever persistant (Usually at about 30 plus knots) ..."Is that a reef?" So far, thank god, its been water glare or just plain blindness.....Glad I'm driving!

Or my old favorite - "So when do we start catching fish?" This one is usually asked before any rods are even rigged up!

Or the one I always get from my 4 1/4 yearold. What name is that lure daddy? - Funnily enough I've actually now named them, affectionatley or course.....That one is Larry looser, this one is Freddy can't catch, this one is Bob for nuthin etc etc... you get the picture! :1prop:

Like the answer to where you got the shark, that should be a standard issue I reckon! Or, just over there where your kids are swimming etc etc...

One I seem to be getting a bit now that I have a boat with scuppers & self draining deck....."Isn't the water supposed to be OUTSIDE the boat?"

And the ever persistant (Usually at about 30 plus knots) ..."Is that a reef?" So far, thank god, its been water glare or just plain blindness.....Glad I'm driving!

Or my old favorite - "So when do we start catching fish?" This one is usually asked before any rods are even rigged up!

Or the one I always get from my 4 1/4 yearold. What name is that lure daddy? - Funnily enough I've actually now named them, affectionatley or course.....That one is Larry looser, this one is Freddy can't catch, this one is Bob for nuthin etc etc... you get the picture! :1prop:

Funny that I think I have the same lures! I did once have a freind minding the boat while I parked the car and trailer when I returned I was informed by my mate that it looked like everything was floating in the boat.. Funny that it was no bung. I commended him on his observation.

No.1) question at the ramp "How big is that motor?"

No.2) "How fast does that thing go?"

No.1) question by the passenger "How fast were we going then?"

No.2) "Is that safe?"

Still waiting for someone to ask me to "slow down" :biggrin2:

But maybe they have but I just can't here them over the engine noise! :074: