Anzac Day Harbour Session

spongy

Gday all,

Just a quick report on Sydney Harbour.

Got out with fellow raiders Steve and Dale for a desperate session after all that rain. It was coming down in buckets at about 11am but just as we launch it clears up.

We could not get any interest from any fish all day long. Spent the most time searching for yakkas (where have they all gone??????) ended up with a solitary yakka from Balmoral - better than nothing. Targeting the usual kingie spots for nothing. Then just before sunset we try our old favourite spot and we stir up a number of kingies and tailor using soft plastics. First Steve is on and lands a just legal 67cm kingie, Then Dale brings home a fat 85cm. The sounder is still showing more fish so we continue and Im hoping to salvage my weak day with at least a take-home kingie. I throw out my 1 and only yakka and start flicking the plastic as well. Firstly Im on with the plastic and expect a kingie, instead a less desired tailor is on the end of my plastic, caught on the stinger. Needless to say the SP is destroyed. Just manage to bring it on board before the leader is cut through and a 50cm tailor is for dinner. 10min later the yakka goes off and another tailor is boated. This time a PB of 57cm. The sun sets and a gloomy thunder cloud threatens, and the fish are no longer interested so we call it a day.

Can anyone help with finding the yakkas at this time of year?

Steve has the pics of the kingies.

Here is a pic of the tailor.

Jeff

post-5874-1209186879_thumb.jpg

hey spongy.we had the same prob this morning at watsons we ended picking up super yakkas at quarranteen point 300 yards past the point heading to manly 14 meters deep and a reel good berly

we had some fun on the light gear there are slimmy macs mixed with then

hope this helps gary

hey spongy.we had the same prob this morning at watsons we ended picking up super yakkas at quarranteen point 300 yards past the point heading to manly 14 meters deep and a reel good berly

we had some fun on the light gear there are slimmy macs mixed with then

hope this helps gary

Thanks brickman,

Will give it a go.

Actually I like catching and eating big slimies. Good fun and surprisingly good eating.

Jeff

We rarely fail to get yakkas around north harbour. The pool at forty baskets is usually good and the mariner in there as well, also ocean world. We've been finding you need heaps of burley and single weightless size ten hook. They seem shy of the bait jigs since the water has cooled.

Great Tailor. We would have been very happy with those on Friday night, since we got nothing.