Boat Time

mitch

Alright raiders,

I have got the new car and now it's new boat time. I have a short list and here is.

Elegant boat

Stacer 475 PTE

Attack

Poly

I origanally wanted a poly but may be livin closer to sydney than origanally thought so looking at biiger breamin boats

Whats your thoughds on a new bream machine???? All critisizm taken on board and all replys considered

I have never seen an Attack in the flesh, and never ridden in the others, but to my way of thinking, perhaps the Elegant or Stacer would make my short list.

On another note, have you considered the Tritons?

Mate u already no what im gonna say. :1prop:

Just have a look at the top of your list and u tell me :biggrin2:

there bulletproof :gun_bandana:

the factory is not far and as far as mods go there endless.

Raffi is a top bloke and will allways sit down and listen to what the customer wants.

He was in contact with me every day in building the boat and always kept me up 2 date with all the mods.

When ur ready mate we can take it for a rap :thumbup: and a :1fishing1:

Regards Ross.

PS I love my Elegant :thumbup:

Mate u already no what im gonna say. :1prop:

Just have a look at the top of your list and u tell me :biggrin2:

there bulletproof :gun_bandana:

Raffi is a top bloke and will allways sit down and listen to what the customer wants.

He was in contact with me every day in building the boat and always kept me up 2 date with all the mods.

When ur ready mate we can take it for a rap :thumbup:  and a :1fishing1:

Regards Ross.

PS I love my Elegant :thumbup:

28302[/snapback]

What about a DRY Triton better off in the chop you said it your self...

Does any body else offer a life time warranty on hull and deck???? (dont think so)

Cheers Mick :1fishing1:

When u have a relationship with your boat builder u can consider a lifetime waranty plus a life time friendship with a top bloke :thumbup:

Why would u need a life time waranty when i already said its a bulletproof boat :1prop:

Swoffa knows im 1 for punishing boats and i can tell u for aus conditions its perfect :thumbup:

PS (u and ur dry boat i enjoyed my bath on sunday pitty u couldnt join me it cooled me off quite nicelly)

PSS( as i recall i was goin alot more spastic than u in that chop on sunday

fullock turns, 360's, sideways into oncoming chop, airbourn on many ocasions after all i was takin some1 for a test run and what better condition to do it in 30knot winds :risata:

Rubbish.

Mate u already no what im gonna say. 1prop.gif

Just have a look at the top of your list and u tell me biggrin2.gif

there bulletproof gun_bandana.gif

When ur ready mate we can take it for a rap thumbup.gif  and a 1fishing1.gif

Is that not a plug?

When u have a relationship with your boat builder u can consider a lifetime waranty plus a life time friendship with a top bloke thumbup.gif

Why would u need a life time waranty when i already said its a bulletproof boat 1prop.gif

Swoffa knows im 1 for punishing boats and i can tell u for aus conditions its perfect thumbup.gif

PS (u and ur dry boat i enjoyed my bath on sunday pitty u couldnt join me it cooled me off quite nicelly)

PSS( as i recall i was goin alot more spastic than u in that chop on sunday

fullock turns, 360's, sideways into oncoming chop, airbourn on many ocasions after all i was takin some1 for a test run and what better condition to do it in 30knot winds risata.gif

How about that??

These boats have been discussed here in the past & I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with posts which are nothing but plugs for a non sponsors product.

Feel free to post & mention Elegant boats but in a sensible manner that is not a blatant plug .

Alright raiders,

I have got the new car and now it's new boat time. I have a short list and here is.

Elegant boat

Stacer 475 PTE

Attack

Poly

I origanally wanted a poly but may be livin closer to sydney than origanally thought so looking at biiger breamin boats

Whats your thoughds on a new bream machine???? All critisizm taken on board and all replys considered

28292[/snapback]

Hi Mitch,

Mate what a question the 470 PTE wins hands down.

But just so you dont think im saying that because i own one, id go out and try all the boats you have mentioned above and see which one works best for you. :thumbup:

G'day Mitch

Firstly decide what u want to do with the boat and secondly what u can afford to pay. Give us these details and it will help us to help u. If u wish to peek around the heads, the stacer or the high sided elegant would be the goods. I think they would be priced similar. Jethro has the elegant and Snag have the stacer so if u offer them some petrol money and ask nicely I am sure they would take u for a run. If it is estuary only but budget is an issue the poly would be an awsome option, stevo and dave w have one and I am sure in the same manner u could organise a run. If your budget extends then fibreglass tritons are the cream of the crop. I have been in all u have mentioned except the stacer but to give u an honest opinion we need more info about your major use for the boat and budget. Overall go for a run in them all and decide for yourself.

Mitch buying a boat is a very personal thing, only buy what you think is the boat that suits you, whether its the cheapest or dearest. It has to suit what you want to do not what you think you might do.I bought a no nonsense plate alloy boat to get me out to the shelf, no dunnies , fancy fittings, just what i wanted to suit noone else , selfish yes but I paid for it, just like you will , so dont get suckered in by looks , or other agendas. GOOD LUCK . ED

so dont get suckered in by looks , or other agendas. GOOD LUCK .    ED

28513[/snapback]

Couldnt have put it any better! Awesome advice. :thumbup:

Mate get the boat that you suits you to what you exactly want as you don't want to regret buying it at a later date. With all boats there is a compromise when buying it unless you can get it custom built, then it will have all the bells and whistles and have them in all the right places and that is where you want them.

Luke snag said, try them all out and see for yourself or go for a ride in some of the guys on Fishraider. I know that if anyone wanted to buy a boat like mine I would let them have a drive and a good flog of the thing.

Cheers

Lee

Guest Big-Banana

Custom built is the way to go. Heaps of good builders out there and we went through plenty of boats before chosing one.

New car , new boat how good is that !

Dont know jack about bream boats in comparison to all you guys, but I do know a little about general construction.

Although custom is ideally the best, there are some top options around that come with everything anyway.

As I found in my quest for a boat (and this is only my opinion) Stacer, Quintrex and Sea Jay all make top boats. Although I wasnt buying one I did look at the vpunts as well (mrs didnt know :1prop: ) Gotta say the Sea Jay Nomad Elite is very good boat and well worth a look. Very well built boat. Its often overlooked because its not a big name.

Stacer also make a nice boat with their Pro Elite. There aint much left to do on one of these.

As I said I dont know much about the fit out side options but theses boats look good and are well built for sure.

Good luck im sure youll get what your after. :thumbup:

So your time has come mitch :1prop:

Mate i think first you have to sit down and agree on a price, i went for the poly for a simple reason, that is for the price i wanted to pay, nothing came close, you cant compare a $3500 poly hull to a $15,000 elegant hull for example, there would only be one winner in that respect.

I didnt have $25,000 to spend so i looked at the cheaper option and im more than happy with it.

Not sure if you coming to the hacking social on sunday, but if you want a ride after the weigh , no problems, just so you can get a feel of what they ride like.

Stevo :thumbup:

Go with what you can afford if you want a CLARKE,POLY,TRITON COME AND SEE ME I WILL DO YA A DEAL...

AS FAR AS BREAMAHOLIK GOES YOU CANT BLAME HIM FOR PUSHING A BOAT that he owns

Cheers Mick

P.S we also do suzuki outboards

Edited by mick r

Thanks for all the replys guys. As said it is a big decision and I need to test out as many as I can before making my final decision. I will be sure to let everyone know what I decide on....Expect more questions and reply's from me in the near future

I think every one knows what I am going to say as well :1prop:

I love my new toy and as Ross said they are all but bullet proof. Raffi knows his stuff and will go out of his way to listen to what you want and then make it happen.

The other boat that ran a close second to the Elegant was the Attack Boats. I fished out of Drews boat at the Yamba ABT last year and was very impressed. he knows how to make a good fishing platform. The only problem I had with them were they are on the Gold Coast and its a bit far to travell for mods or warranty. Though this might not be a problem for some.

If I was doing it all over again I would also have a look at the Nitros. I haven't seen one in the flesh but by all reports they are worth a look.

If your ever up this way again Mitch I would be more than happy to take you for a run. Mines not as flash as Ross' though :1tongue: