Sounders

marus8504

Just a quick question

what is the best sounder brand or sounder that you can buy. like what is the shimano stella of sounders

i have some one who is looking to buy one around the 3K mark, which should be a pritty good sounder at that price.

any help will be great

Hi, I am sorry but that is not a quick question and like anything you are going to get opinions from alot of people.

I think if I had $3K to spend on a sounder I would look at the following:- Raymarine A65, Furuno GP-7000F and the Navman 8120. These are all combo units but are able to be used as just fishfinders if you mate wants but have the abiltiy to have split screens and show your location and any fishing spots you might find, all overlayed on a digital map.

If he only wants a sounder than not much in the $3K range, with the most expensive sounder onlys selling for about $2K.

Cheers,

Huey.

Thanks very much for your help, Furuno was recomemed to him, this was a $2000 sounder and a $1000 transducer. i just wanted to confirm that Furuno was a good brand as i don't know too much about them.

Hi, make sure your mate is aware that the 1Kw transducer is a large transducer and not suited to some boats. The cheaper ($132) 600w transdcuer might be more suitable to his hull and in most applications will work fine.

Cheers,

Huey.

I've got a Raymarine A65 combo and it's an outstanding unit.

The GPS is easy to read and to use, the sounder works perfectly in 2m to 160m - well that's about as deep as I've gone. Clear, accurate, easy to use i love it and would highly recommend it - i cannot fault it and most of all it's easy to use AND i now use IT to catch fish - I've had many analogue sounders in the past that for me was hit or miss. With A65, if there's fish on the soinder then i fish and i catch fish.. amazingly simple!!!

Evan

I also will be updating my unit shortly and was wondering if people with combos could tell me if the split screens say in 5 inch are able to go full screen as well for sounder or chartplotter.

craig

Just a quick question

what is the best sounder brand or sounder that you can buy. like what is the shimano stella of sounders

i have some one who is looking to buy one around the 3K mark, which should be a pritty good sounder at that price.

any help will be great

Furuno GP7000 - Chart Plotter / Sounder 7" screen.

Bought them last year for my work boats - excellent NZ$2750 with chartcard - have them networked with the Nav Net radar.

Super quality