Stolen Fishing Gear...

Tony Soprano

Hi Raiders

Mods- If this thread is in the wrong place then please move it to the appropriate section...

My car was broken into outside my house last night.

I had been fishing with roosterman in pittwater and got home about 1am, as I was pretty tired I left the three spin sticks I had with me in the car....bad move.

The thieves smashed my drivers side window, ripped most of my dash out to get the stereo and stole the three rods as well.

It's a long shot but if anyone hears of cheap gear for sale or sees any of it on ebay please let me know...

Combo 1-

Shimano Stradic 2500fi

Shimano Stella spin SFS 6'6" 2 piece 2-4kg (carbon fibre look)

10lb yellow fireline

Combo 2-

Shimano Symetre 2500fa

Shakespeare Ugly Stick 6'6" 1 piece 2-4kg (black, blue bindings)

12lb dark green maxima mono

Combo 3-

Shimano Sahara 1500fb

Shimano Starlo Stix 7' 2 piece 2-4kg (bright blue)

8lb yellow fireline

I'll try and get some pictures up later tonight.

Cheers

Tony

Thats a shame Tony :thumbdown: I will leave it right here for plenty of views and if you have pics of the exact gear please add it here.

I hope you have reported it to the police as the new Straddies will be hard to hide :biggrin2:

Regards Swordfisherman

That sucks. I hate thieves. The only positive thing is that with recent robberies the police seem to be more interested in getting fingerprints and then if the little scrotes ever get done for something the get done for the lot. They get next to nothing for most of the stuff they steal and do so much damage when doing it = pathetic scum.

Hope some of it is covered by insurance under hobby or sporting equipment under your household policy.

Not the sort of fishing report ya want to read

May they slip and castrate themselves on a sharp trebble.

Edited by pelican

Don't ya just hate that crap!!!!!!!!

I live next to a copper, he was saying that the bludgers were tapping on the windows with the porcelion part of a spark plug which some how muffles the sound and grab navmans, laptops, change you name it.

One Ahole was caught in our area a couple of weeks ago and was linked to 4 other smash agrabs and is now serving 4 years for the sake of a couple of G's worth of gear.

It's happened tome twice so I know how ya feel.

Roffo

when i spoke to tony this morning he was a bit shattered to lose his gear...

luckily they missed a couple other things that woulda been an even more bummer.....

wonnie he is located on the Nth part of syd... he can be more specific if he wants to....

pel... your a wise man and always seem to be on the mark with your posts...

lets just say with a bit of luck the vermin in question are in the database and only time will be there saving grace,that and some bleeding heart judge to feel sorry for their hard upbringing etc....

unfortunately there is no real local hock shops so it could end up anywhere dep on where they travelled from..

guys if your passing a hock shop anywhere an notice the above goods a heads up would def make tony's day...

cheers.... steve.......

Tony

This is the worst :1fishing1: report i have read. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

I’m with you the price they will sell it for is enough to make you sick.

I would also like to add that Pelican idea of a rough location would help us all keep an eye out.

I hope you get you gear back but most of all I hope that the mongrel get caught :gun_bandana::gun_bandana:

Cheers

Bob

Sorry to hear about your bad news Tony. I hope there is a happy ending to this problem. This world is full of scum bags. Trouble with the courts these days, these people keep on committing crimes and only receive a slap on the wrist. The police do all the hard work, and get no support from the courts.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I really appreciate it.

I live in west pymble, right next to macquarie park/ north ryde.

As keen fishos like me you'd understand how much it hurts to have gear stolen that you've worked so hard to save up for and buy.

Unfortunately the police really didn't seem to give a toss, and the car isn't insured, as it was out in the street home and contents insurance doesn't cover it.

Just a bit of a kick in the teeth after having my tackle box stolen a month ago, ah well they'll get what's coming to them.

Thanks again.

Tony

As keen fishos like me you'd understand how much it hurts to have gear stolen that you've worked so hard to save up for and buy.

Unfortunately the police really didn't seem to give a toss, and the car isn't insured, as it was out in the street home and contents insurance doesn't cover it.

Just a bit of a kick in the teeth after having my tackle box stolen a month ago, ah well they'll get what's coming to them.

Thanks again.

Tony

That sucks about your gear mate. We live in Pymble as well and i wouldn't of expected that around this area. Gonna have to be a bit more watchful of our gear now.

Hope it shows up for you.

Edited by Josh88

All policies are different but read the fine print on contents insurance as like with a pushbike the insurance company can't expect stuff to be inside a locked house all the time. Not to many indoor mountain bike tracks or lakes or beaches around in Aus. Look at mobile goods coverage under hobbies or sporting equipment- it is there they just don't like to tell anyone and many cover up to 1-2 grand of mobile stuff but a lot used to exclude scuba. You may battle as they will try the line that it wasn't secured but it was locked in a tin cupboard ( car) that thieves had to force entry into and couldn't see as it was covered and you have tinted windows. Always depends what your excess is but still have a look for the future. After being screwed on a claim years ago I now have a photo of all gear , mark it so I recognise it in case it ever gets recovered after theft and scan receipts should I ever have to claim any boat or fishing stuff.

Few sinkers in a sock if you catch up with em.....would be justice

All policies are different but read the fine print on contents insurance as like with a pushbike the insurance company can't expect stuff to be inside a locked house all the time. Not to many indoor mountain bike tracks or lakes or beaches around in Aus. Look at mobile goods coverage under hobbies or sporting equipment- it is there they just don't like to tell anyone and many cover up to 1-2 grand of mobile stuff but a lot used to exclude scuba. You may battle as they will try the line that it wasn't secured but it was locked in a tin cupboard ( car) that thieves had to force entry into and couldn't see as it was covered and you have tinted windows. Always depends what your excess is but still have a look for the future. After being screwed on a claim years ago I now have a photo of all gear , mark it so I recognise it in case it ever gets recovered after theft and scan receipts should I ever have to claim any boat or fishing stuff.

Few sinkers in a sock if you catch up with em.....would be justice

tony...keep an eye on your local pawn shops and money lenders you just might be lucky i was ...this dude stole a printer from my car ..and took it to the local hock shop...stupid.. but they just want a quik buck....bob

looks like things didnt pan out like you said mate...

did they give a reason for not wanting to check prints on the car...

Bugger :ranting2: ....

give me a ring tomorrow....

prob a good reminder for all to secure what we value when we can as :05: sometimes...

cheers....steve......

looks like things didnt pan out like you said mate...

did they give a reason for not wanting to check prints on the car...

Bugger :ranting2: ....

give me a ring tomorrow....

prob a good reminder for all to secure what we value when we can as :05: sometimes...

cheers....steve......

scumbags. I know how you feel mate. I had a rare vintage 1964 Gibson guitar stolen from my car a few years back, and I'd only left it alone for 5-10 minutes. I put the word out through the guitar vendor community but never heard back.

fingers crossed mate that someone hears something.

maybe even get a posse together - Charles Bronson style.

:1badmood: That's disgraceful Tony. Your comments about 'hard earned money' really hit home.

In the past, I have come to learn that there are two types of thieves ... opportunistic and motivated. The first type will just take stuff that presents itself as an easy target. Motivated thieves generally target stuff they know they can move quickly (stereos, i-pods,cameras,etc), or looks valuable (like your fishinng gear).

Ask at your local tackle store to see if anyone has been pricing gear (or trying to offload 'second-hand' stuff)similar to what you lost.

Ask around at your local pub and any boat ramp in your area. Generally, fishing gear will only be purchased by fishos (especially if you don't have a close pawn broker).

Mate, I sincerely hope your gear is returned in the same condition is was taken, and the offenders are caught and punished. Good luck Tony, and keep us informed of any updates.

Hodgey

Thanks again guys.

At the end of the day the police took the attitude of you shouldn't have left it in there in the first place, you should have been insured, and 'your day can only get better from here mate'.

I spoke to Steve before the police arrived and I wasn't convinced they would do much, unfortunately they confirmed this 100%, I really don't know why they bothered coming out.

I'm sure they have worse things to worry about anyway.

Now it's a mad rush to repair/ replace the interior in my car before rego is due in 2 weeks....pick n payless here I come. :mad3:

Tony

Thanks again.

Tony

Tony

I really do feel for you. I did not mention this in my early post but I had the same thing happen to me some years ago.

But that is something i had to live with. But today we have our fish forums.

So I will personally put up $50 in a store voucher if any of our sponsors will match it to ensure that you are back on the water and enjoying the passion we all love :1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1: .

Cheers

Bob

Edited by aussie big bob

Bob that's a really nice gesture mate, you're a good bloke, but I'm not going to take your money...

Thanks for the offer but I'll just put my head down and start saving up for the replacements...

If anyone's got a graphite spin stick or two around 7' that they want to sell let me know :)

Cheers

Tony