Out From Roseville Thursday Am

saltrix

Bobfish joined me for the trip this morning. It was a bit foggy but with the GPS and taking it easy we found the Spit and tried for squid under the bridge but it was running out pretty solid and after losing a jig on a plylon we decided Dobryod would be better.

Bob showed me up by catching 3 downrig sized squid while I missed out. I really must not be lousy and buy some of those small Yozuri jigs.

Did a couple of runs with bibbed lures around Dobryod but no takers, then downrigged those beaut squid around all the markers and bouys in in front of middle harbour, but no takers despite good showings on the sounder.

Then downrigged from Old mans hat to North Head for zero, trolled around North Headfor the same.

Finally fished DYwide and Long Reef wide for 4 flathead, 3 good sized sweep, and a just legal snapper.

Not a good catch but the sea was dead calm so it was a nice day out.

post-3961-1210834183_thumb.jpg

post-3961-1210834214_thumb.jpg

Bobfish joined me for the trip this morning. It was a bit foggy but with the GPS and taking it easy we found the Spit and tried for squid under the bridge but it was running out pretty solid and after losing a jig on a plylon we decided Dobryod would be better.

Bob showed me up by catching 3 downrig sized squid while I missed out. I really must not be lousy and buy some of those small Yozuri jigs.

Did a couple of runs with bibbed lures around Dobryod but no takers, then downrigged those beaut squid around all the markers and bouys in in front of middle harbour, but no takers despite good showings on the sounder.

Then downrigged from Old mans hat to North Head for zero, trolled around North Headfor the same.

Finally fished DYwide and Long Reef wide for 4 flathead, 3 good sized sweep, and a just legal snapper.

Not a good catch but the sea was dead calm so it was a nice day out.

post-3961-1210834183_thumb.jpg

post-3961-1210834214_thumb.jpg

T'was a great day today....... nice catch there..... not many boats out either

Nice work Alan, looks like you had a good day and the weather was great! Absolutely spewin that I couldnt make it! I am super keen for a tailor session next time you are looking. Congrats on a good feed again guys.