Dy Kings

mattdy

Hi guys, just need some tips on hooking up on kings off the rocks at Dee Why headand. Have seen blokes picking them off in the last month or so but i'm having no luck. :mad3:been throwing out whole pillies/ganged and squid, both on floats. i am thinking the depth may be the issue

Im not sure mate but id say fresh or live bait and a float buddy.

thanks mate, i'm thinking depth may be my issue at the moment. Just can't seem to get things right!!

Get live baits, Depth can matter, but an slightly wieghted or unweighted livey will catch fish if they are around. Kings of the rocks you need LIVE BAITS. Secondly go down their and watch these blokes fish for a while, ask a few questions, good luck

Hey there Mattdy,

I have fished the headland plenty of times over the last 20-30 years before giving it up for the boat off longy. In my experience Kings have always been elusive compared to Nth Curly headland but that does not mean that they won't show up.

When they are around they will take anything, but I have always found berley to be the key ingredient regardless of bait. But as we all know livies always outperform dead baits. Problem with the headland is lack of good live bait locations. I always end up with more pike than anything else! Don't get me wrong the pike are excellent live bait but can be a little delicate when fishing from the rocks.

By the way which part of the headland you fishing? Do you go past the rock-wall where you have to rock climb or are you fishing from the big rock before? IF you get a chance put on some goggles and go for a swim. There are only one or two deep water locations along the headland and that will make all the difference when you target them. I have had plenty of bust-offs on more than 30pd gear, not too mention the lack of any wash-up location...plenty of lost Jews too.

Tight lines! :1fishing1: