Yft! What To Do?

:1welcomeani:

I was just wondering if i want to go offshore to chase after some YFt what's the best way to chase them?

I have gear set up 80lb main line (braid) about 300 m then 70lb of (braid) connected the 80lb braid then 100lb fulo trace.

Have 6-10 kg jig rod.

Just wondering if it is food enough to get a YFT around 15kg mark.

Also i was wondering about is what type of rig should i use to connect my line to my trace and my trace to lure or cube? What size hook is good for YFT? I have 7/0 Owner bait hook at the moment ? just woondering if i need a bigger size or smaller size hook for YFT?

:1fishing1:

Do yourself a favour , and go on a charter with one of our sponsors. They will teach you all you need to know about catching 'fin. ( It just so happens we have a Fishraider Tuna Charter coming up , still a few spots left!). Who better to teachyou than people who earn their livings chasing tuna ?

Ross

cannot agree more with what Ross has said...

reading between the lines sounds like you are a newbie and going out wide chasing fin can be a handfull to say the least if your not prepared properly...

you can learn from a good charter in hours what you may spend many many years to achieve...

i did a trip last year on fishfinder and even though i consider myself a pretty experienced fisho with alot of knowledge it was different to actually be there with someone showing me the ropes....

this goes for all types of fishing as i picked up a couple of new tricks of a pro last year regarding kings/jew in syd harbour that have already produced the goods......

if you cannot get onto a charter at least get out on another more experianced fishos boat to learn how to do it properly and safely...

cheers....steve......

Edited by roosterman

Thanks a lots guys i'll try to go on a chater but you guys know when is the YFT chater coming up?

Contact Fishfinder or Broadbill Charters and they will arrange a trip for you.

Click on the sponsors banners at the top of the forums :biggrin2:

You have just missed out on the Fishraider Tuna day as all places are now taken on all 3 boats.

Look down the bottom of the page in the forums for Fishraider Social events.

Cheers Stewy