Middle Harbour

zen801

G'Day,

Got an early start with Martin and headed out from Rosie.

Man it was so cold. At the ramp we were surprised to find 3 huge strippies at the waters edge. They were almost about 4-5kg each. We kept 2 for bait and berley and gave one to some other guys who were heading out past the heads.

It was cold and wet with a bit of wind and tried the usuals for nothing. Couldnt even raise any yakkas so we went out to Dobroyd for ZIP. Bit of swell and wind so bailed back to old faithful.

Slow going until about 11am when we started to pull some pinkies then bream and then trevs. Landed 3 trevs then got smashed on a squid strip. Thought it was a soapie at first but was very happy to see a nice lizard.

We were stoked. Measured in at 76cm. Good eating for tonite.

Hard work but in the end the fish came on for us.

Onya Martin your good luck for my boat.

post-2060-1211691230_thumb.jpg

Edited by zenman

Lots of meat on that one, how are you gonna end up cooking it?

:biggrin2:

I'd recommend peanut oil for that flathead, cooked in a full litre of tequila for a quick dash off somewhere after drinking the soup. :biggrin2:

Nice Flathead

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I'd recommend peanut oil for that flathead, cooked in a full litre of tequila for a quick dash off somewhere after drinking the soup. :biggrin2:

Nice Flathead

Cheers

Now Jewgaffer,

Mate i am off the Tequila.

Had a bender with mates that resulted in a blackout.

Big Big night from what i can remember. In fact the last thing i remember was eating the worm with my local mates. We were blind. Lucky for me there my neighbors. I couldnt even make it up the drive. We were all hanging onto each other to make it. Not a brain cell left between us but luckily 8 legs in a scrum made it.

On a sensible note i am going to just pan fry chunks rolled in an off the shelf herb pre mix with chunky chips on the side.

Cheers

Edited by zenman

Nice flattie Mike,

Has anyone told you you look like Michael Stipe (from REM)? :1prop:

You've got me beat Andrew REM??? Do you mean rapid eye movement ? Does that mean our mate Mike Zenman wears a snorers mask and dozes off on a sleep apnoea machine when he's fishing for jew ??

Cheers

You've got me beat Andrew REM??? Do you mean rapid eye movement ? Does that mean our mate Mike Zenman wears a snorers mask and dozes off on a sleep apnoea machine when he's fishing for jew ??

Cheers

G'day Byron,

Its a bit of an obscure musical reference. He's a guy from a band called REM and a dead ringer for Zenman or vice versa. Put another two layers on Mike and you'll be ready for August. Don't give up on those jewies just yet. :biggrin2:

G'Day,

At the ramp we were surprised to find 3 huge strippies at the waters edge.

They were almost about 4-5kg each.

We kept 2 for bait and berley and gave one to some other guys who were heading out past the heads.

Were the stripies lost? :074::074:

Seriously, how do you mean you found them? Had someone left them, or you caught them, or were they dead and were floating?

Cheers

OK guys,

I think i am "losing my religion" over the Michael Stipe comparison.

Mate it was cold in an exposed little tinnie. Come August i wont be fishing i will be in bed or skiing.

I havent given up on the jewies just yet Andrew. It felt very fishy that day and i thought a jew was a possibility when the fish came on as often thats how it goes in MH.

The Stripies were floating at the waters edge on the ramp. They looked like they were dropped or dumped by someone the arvo or evening before. They were just starting to turn so ended up as perfect bait and berley for our trip.

Andrew old faithful is worth a shot at high or low tide an hour either side. In between its dead. Again getting yakkas was hard so will have to go further afeild for em next time.

Heading out on Friday with my other good luck charm mate from South Aust. See any other other jewie tragics on the day at the spot.

The flattie tasted great we ate it in one sitting. Juicy chunky flakes yummie :thumbup:

Cheers

Edited by zenman