Who Didn't Get Fin On The Weekend?

Phar Cue

Seemed to be plenty of boats out on Sunday.

With almost perfect cons we powered out started cubing and scored a 30 odd kg fin and 9 kg Alba and dropped another stonker.

Wonder if there will be many left the way the fishing has been.....??

post-767-1211771566_thumb.jpg

post-767-1211771576_thumb.jpg

Hey mate,

Well im unfortunate to say that I was one of the ones that didnt catch anything out there Sunday not to say that I wasnt due to the the lack of hook ups .

First hook up ,just within one mile of browns at around 10am when a striped marlin steamed through all my lures and grabbed a six inch tuna lure that had only 100kilo trace It stayed on for a few minutes before finally wearing through the trace on me, although for a couple of other surrounding boats it was certainly a good show watching it tail walk around the boat.

Second hook up ,YFT on exactly the smae spot only to have it spit the hooks after 25mins .

Any way I had nothing after 2 more hours from trolling and deciced to call it day ,any how it was more than a top day due the condtions and seeing that Marlin jump only to fight another day.

Cheers Vaughn.

Fished a few km's past all the boats at the mountain on sunday & got fish of 35kg,38kg,42kg & 53kg.Had

fish on the bite from 11am until we left them biting at 2pm,with a few fish pulled hooks as well,one was

over the 60kg mark that was dropped close by after a 45minute battle.

Definately a few around with some really good fish amongst them too,didn't get any albies though,good to see some of them around as well.Had another great day the week before as well with 3 top fish of 40kg,42.50kg & 44kg.Tagged another 4 also.

Well done on a good day out there too!

Nexus

Edited by nexus

Fished a few km's past all the boats at the mountain on sunday & got fish of 35kg,38kg,42kg & 53kg.Had

fish on the bite from 11am until we left them biting at 2pm,with a few fish pulled hooks as well,one was

over the 60kg mark that was dropped close by after a 45minute battle.

Definately a few around with some really good fish amongst them too,didn't get any albies though,good to see some of them around as well.Had another great day the week before as well with 3 top fish of 40kg,42.50kg & 44kg.Tagged another 4 also.

Well done on a good day out there too!

Nexus

Sounds like you had the same day as us, we got 4 between 30 and 50kgs and got busted up on another 5 about the same size if not one better fish first up. Crazy day's fishing, only cubed for 3 hours left them biting!

Well done to everyone who got amongst them, great day out on the water.

Andrew

First of all I got 0 Finn because my boat is more likely to explore Browns Mountain itself rather than the surface of the water above it... Having said that, this Friday myself and 3 mates are heading wide on a seaworthy vessel in hunt of some Finn, such as the beautiful ones here.

Tide heights on Friday are very similar to what they were on Sunday, however there 4 hours later and we'll be fishing some of the ebb (like you) but mostly the rise (high at 4pm). How would we work the tides into our gameplan?

Edited by plankton

Tide changes them selfs are feeding triggers offshore, the actual change is more important than the running up or running out of a tide.

My game plan would be to try and incorporate two tide changes in your trip, and be over the fishiest looking water during these times (bird life, temp breaks, structure)

Chris

Tide changes them selfs are feeding triggers offshore, the actual change is more important than the running up or running out of a tide.

My game plan would be to try and incorporate two tide changes in your trip, and be over the fishiest looking water during these times (bird life, temp breaks, structure)

Chris

Good advice that... We'll see if you're right. Cheers,

Brett

Good advice that... We'll see if you're right. Cheers,

Brett

Tides were not important at all Sunday, fish were on before high tide all the way to low tide in the evening. Water temp changes seem to be the way.

Though generally I would say tides are very important.

Tides were not important at all Sunday, fish were on before high tide all the way to low tide in the evening. Water temp changes seem to be the way.

Though generally I would say tides are very important.

water temp changes are the only way !!!!!!!! good luck all