First Blackfish

sadamson

Hit the banks of the Georges river this morning for a Blackfish lesson with Swordfishman and Gofish Pete.We were greeted with a perfect sunny day no wind and the water was like glass.This was my first time fishing for blackfish.My heart thumped as i saw the float disappear below the surface and the line came up tight when i struck at it.It was high fives and handshackes all round when my first blackfish was landed.The bite was very slow but i managed to land two fat healthy blackfish.What a day out in the sun in good company and catching fish.Stewy landed three keeper and one that i can not belive got the hook in its mouth.Thanks guys for a great day.

post-256-1211968117_thumb.jpg

post-6862-1211967674_thumb.jpg

post-6862-1211967722_thumb.jpg

post-6862-1211967763_thumb.jpg

Was a pleasure having you along Stephen and I was so stoked you landed your first blackfish on your first attempt.

The fishing was a bit slow but you get that :(

Thanks to Pete as well for the great coffee and bikkies.

Great day out guys and we will do it again soon..

Cheers Stewy

Well done Reggie. Sounds like your having more fun than your namesake of at souths.

I don't know what it is with blackfishing but it has me absolutley hooked at the moment so look out you may end up stuck on it.

Dave

Well done Reggie. Sounds like your having more fun than your namesake of at souths.

I don't know what it is with blackfishing but it has me absolutley hooked at the moment so look out you may end up stuck on it.

Dave

Souths are going through a hard time at the moment but i am old enought to remember the glory days.

RTR,

Congrats mate ya look ya had a bit of fun judging by the grin.

Can't wait for my lesson now.

Cheers

Roffo

PS. Need to get some of those spikey boot first so I don't end up on my freckle.

Well done Reggie,

Its good to know someone else experienced the joy of their first deliborate blackfish catch.

Thanks to our buddies sharing their knowledge we have the chance to become real fisho's. :1fishing1:

Cheers :beersmile:

Wendy

HI Reggie,

well done on the first blackfish. I was introduced to it last year by Roberta and it is a great way to fish. Looks like you had dead calm conditions from the photos, and that adds to the degree of difficulty I believe.

cheers

Sails

Stephen also dropped a sizeable fish when the hook busted off right near the edge as he was lifting out :(

Cheers Stewy

Well done Reggie - Yaaay! Another convert!! No more smelly bait, either :)

Nice looking fish. I think I was shaking when I landed my first decent fish a couple of years back - I hadn't expected it to fight so hard!!

Cheerio

Roberta