Awesome Day On The Fin

Boban

Great day boys! :thumbup:

Some great fish there & very impressive in their size. :yahoo: How good is it to see Raiders all helping each other out to get into the fish!! :biggrin2:

How are you feeling Mitch? I know Stewy is a little sore! Poor old fella. :074::074:

Well done on a top day.

Cheers,

Grant.

I'm alright now, but I went to an engagement last night and I could barely keep my eyes open. I haven't been that tired in a long time. It's funny though, we got some good sized fin, but that first one was massive. Its the thought of that fish that will get me out again and again.

When you coming down Grant?

When you coming down Grant?

Mate, Stewy tried his very best to get me down there for Fridays' effort but I just couldn't do it. :1badmood:

Too much going away for me of late. :biggrin2:

Someones gotta run the business!

Awesome day mate. Wish I could have shared it with you guys. :(

Hope you managed to get all of the blood out of the nice, shiny cruisecraft!

Cheers,

Grant.

Too much going away for me of late. :biggrin2:

We noticed that :biggrin2:

Hope you managed to get all of the blood out of the nice, shiny cruisecraft!

Talk about blood, it was like a slaughterhouse in the cockpit. Here's Pete doing his best with the deckwash. It was like the pump was going non stop for the day.

post-4273-1212302394_thumb.jpg

Oh, & by the way, is Mrs Boban not allowed out fishing with you anymore because she catches all the gamefish? :074::074:

Cheers,

Grant.

Not funny Grant........... :mad3:

We noticed that :biggrin2:

Talk about blood, it was like a slaughterhouse in the cockpit. Here's Pete doing his best with the deckwash. It was like the pump was going non stop for the day.

post-4273-1212302394_thumb.jpg

I knew the boat looked better by the time I docked her at the ramp :thumbup: thanks fellas I had my eyes forward looking out for anything with a bump like a whale :1yikes: at 32 knots I didnt want to look backwards :074:

Cheers Stewy

Great job Bro! way to go & as far as the girlie pills "What ever it takes to get the job done"! Whoa! :yahoo:

Thanks Sis :tease: It wasnt as painful as your new tat :1yikes:

To say we had a perfect day is certainly an understatement. Go Fish Pete, Stewy and myself have a great day on the fin that we will savour for a long time to come.

Perfect conditions, great company and a day when almost everything went right. Almost everything.

We started out following Billfisher to the spot before trolling for a some time before arriving at the final spot. We were about a kilometre from Billfisher and started cubing at about 12.30.

The first run was on the live yakka which was the only one we scored through what appeared to be a mountain of sweep. There run was shortlived with no hookup but it was a good sign anyway.

I was tired having only had a few hours of sleep when my rod went off in a big way.

Straight away you could feel the weight of this fish. It was big. When we finally got some colour, we could see for ourselves that this was a big fish. After a long time about with about 10 metres between us and the fish we finally got a chance at a gaff shot. Stewy was concerned that the gaff was a little light on for this fish and I now wished that I got the flying gaff from Pete the day before.

Well what do you reckon happened next? Stewy takes his "pussy pills" then goes and lands a direct hit on the fishes head. It goes ballistic and heads straight under the boat pinning Stewy's arm against the hull before he is forced to let go. The 60Lb leader popped and we were all gutted. Stewy had some pain to go with it. This was easily my best tuna and I thought ..... well better I keep that to myself.

Truth be told we were better off waiting another 10 mins until he was floating on the surface and completely stuffed before we gaffed it. We rigged up a makeshift tethered gaff and thats exactly what we did from there on.

Then within about 10 minutes of that disappointment, Stewy's rod went off and he was gaining line pretty quickly on his fish, before the fish realised what the hell was going on. No, no, no (any winehouse style) it went and the pussy pills were wearing off as Stewy was going in for the long haul. Memories of why he likes bream fishing started to flood back as Stewy and the tuna started to put the hurt on each other. When this thing came up I said to Stewy that there was no way I was gaffing this mother until it was well and truly stuffed. This time we were a little more patient and timed the gaff shot perfectly before reefing this thing over the gunwales. At about a metre and half this way one big fish.

Pete's outfit went off soon after and in what appeared to be a short time he had a 45Kg model come up completely stuffed. We thought that he must have been gut hooked but when I checked for the hook, that wasn't the case at all. A perfect corner of mouth hookup. At that size Pete was happy. So happy in fact that he held the fish for about 10 minutes before we put it under the floor and on ice. He was like a schoolboy with his first love.

The boys were adamant that I was not going to go home without a fish and that's exactly as it panned out. For the next hour and a bit, I was onto one stubborn fish which I initially called for a 20kg model. It was all too easy at the start, way too easy.

During this time Billfisher came over to us and set their lines. There were some massive fish swimming in our berley trails while I was fighting this fish. Pretty soon the boys on Billfisher had a double hookup of which they ended up with one. But I still hadn't landed my fish. We had a few hairy moments but eventually it was boated by the boys with the fish well and truly worn out. So was I.

We left the boys on Billfisher with the fish still on the bite. The conditions only got better as the day was coming to a close and we got to speed back at 30 knots.

Im tired as I type this but I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

A big thank you to Glenn Hunter, you are a champion mate, which is not at all surprising given your genes.

As to the other two, lets do it all again.....

post-4273-1212155175_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1212155206_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1212155237_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1212155282_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1212155308_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1212155333_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1212155377_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1212156945_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1212155397_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1212155421_thumb.jpg

post-4273-1212155456_thumb.jpg

AND GUESS WHAT.....TUNA EAT SWEEP.

some cracker fin there, :thumbup: in the 3rd and 4th photo are both the shot's off the same fish or 2 different fish all together? what did they weigh in at?

some cracker fin there, :thumbup: in the 3rd and 4th photo are both the shot's off the same fish or 2 different fish all together? what did they weigh in at?

Yes Sam they are both of my fish to show the size against both of us and the other two pics are of Pete and Mitch with their fish.

Didnt weigh mine but Pete weighed his and it came in at 41 kgs and Mitchs was bigger than that and mine was bigger again.

For a guess just over 50 kgs perhaps ,maybe a little better.

Cheers Stewy.

why is that guy bending his knees in every photo? is that too mKE THE FISH LOOK BIGGER OR SOMETHING?they are nice fish

Not a very smart comment gengo.

That guy you are talking about is Stewy, an owner of this website.

For a start he has a very bad back. Apart from that they are out at sea in a small boat. It's a good idea to brace yourself on a rolling boat. Also, have you ever tried to deadlift a 50kg + yellowfin? Or have you never caught one?

Finally, you can keep your smartass comments to yourself. :1badmood:

Jewhunter,

Site Admin.

Not a very smart comment gengo.

That guy you are talking about is Stewy, an owner of this website.

For a start he has a very bad back. Apart from that they are out at sea in a small boat. It's a good idea to brace yourself on a rolling boat. Also, have you ever tried to deadlift a 50kg + yellowfin? Or have you never caught one?

Finally, you can keep your smartass comments to yourself. :1badmood:

Jewhunter,

Site Admin.

:Funny-Post: I wanted to make it like 200 kgs but my legs dont bend that far behind my ears :074:

Thanks Grant for giving me a belly laugh :thumbup:

Cheers the weak kneed Site Owner :yahoo:

:Funny-Post: You guys just gave me a good chuckle :074:

That yft probably weighs more than Stewy, it should be picking him up :1yikes:

penguin

I asked it for a lift John but I obviously dont speak fin ,I should have asked Jani :074: