Team Penguin At The Mountain 30-5-08

Penguin

Hi everyone.

Some buddys and I went for a run out to Browns on Friday, and what

a day it turned out to be. We got to the mount at 2.30, and headed south west for a few

kms to a nice looking patch of water. We got our berley trail

happening, and then we set out a trio of baits, 2 rods had pillies and I couldnt help

myself and whacked on a large peeled Banana prawn on the other.10 mins into it we

have a pod of dolphins around our boat and into our trail :1badmood: we stopped berleying

till they left us. then 20 mins after starting up our berley trail again, the tyrnos 30 with

the prawn takes a screaming run, after a short tussle a nice yft hits our deck. Yft on prawn

maybe a 1st who knows, and who would believe, but we saw it.

Bait up again and lines are back in the water, 1 hour goes by before any more action,

and one of the other rods goes off 15-20 mins later we have yft no'2 on deck. As im dispatching

this fish George whacks on another pillie and drifts it out no more than 20sec, and bang hes on

again 10mins later yft no'3 hits our deck. :yahoo: It was at this point that all hell broke loose

and we had Yellow Fin bustin up all around us, and some of these things were getting totaly

airborne, however they were of a smaller variety to the ones we had already landed. But who

in their right mind is gonna complain when u can just about touch them. It was non stop action

for the next hour, fin after fin came on board, there were some bigger fin down below, and when

we did manage to get a bait down there we would hook up.

As the sun was going down we decided to call it quits, and left the fish there still on the chew.

We landed 19 fin all up, and kept seven, and had 2 bust offs down deep on larger fish. most of the

fin were taken on pillies, and 2 were on Banana prawns, as was one of the busted off fish.

penguin

Bill on a fin

post-1664-1212159452_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1212159482_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1212159513_thumb.jpg

Mimo on a fin

post-1664-1212159544_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1212159573_thumb.jpg

The prawn eating yft

post-1664-1212159654_thumb.jpg

George aka Human and his yft

post-1664-1212159596_thumb.jpg

Me and fin

post-1664-1212159624_thumb.jpg

The cast and crew

post-1664-1212159680_thumb.jpg

Edited by penguin

That's alright. 19 fin.

We didn't see too many fin but they were all big.

That would have been awesome sitting out there in the middle of a feeding frenzy.

You can't help yourself with the prawns can you. From the subtitle, I thought to myself, your joking he's caught 19 fin on prawns.

Well done mate.

Cheers

Mitch

What a day on the YFT Penguin not only that but bloody 19 of them !! All jokes aside that's bloody outstanding!! :thumbup:

John tell Mimo to get himself around my place, we're starting to miss the big guy :D He's either throwing people head first into garbage tins :lol: or buggarising around up north somewhere with chicken mince.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Mate, you are utterly obsessed by peeled prawns :1prop:

But seriously its very believable. I was also out on fri (you whooped our arse though haha) and threw some small hawkesbury prawns in the berley trail. The fin i caught upon internal examination had ben scofing the unpeeled prawns and pilchards as well as chunks of reef fish such as wrass. They'll eat anything!!

Well done on the great fish mate, will have to chuck out a few peeled prawns myself! Can't beat the old prawn and pillies

Congrats on a top session there Penquin. 19 fin!!! :1yikes:

The conditions look unreal as well. What a sight, having that many fin milling around the back of the boat.

Bet the boys arms were sore eh.

Well done again,

Cheers,

Grant.

well done mate :thumbup: ,who would imagine peeled prawn,what did your biggest one weigh at.

John we caught 3 more bigger yft that we released later in the day, these were under the

school of smaller fin, but we had already dispatched 7 fish and it would have been cruel

and unnecessary to kill 3 more fish just to upgrade to larger models.

We didnt weigh the 7 we kept after capture, but big George got 15.5kg of fillets off his, and

I got 17.8kg of fillets from another. Maybe someone else can guestimate what these fin would have

weighed.

penguin

What a day on the YFT Penguin not only that but bloody 19 of them !! All jokes aside that's bloody outstanding!! :thumbup:

John tell Mimo to get himself around my place, we're starting to miss the big guy :D He's either throwing people head first into garbage tins :lol: or buggarising around up north somewhere with chicken mince.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Byron i passed your message on to Mimo, and up north he uses

chicken breast covered in parmesan cheese, it works a treat on the

Bream and i have even caught a school jew on this bait.

penguin

Hi everyone.

It was at this point that all hell broke loose and we had Yellow Fin bustin up all around us, and some of these things were getting totaly airborne, however they were of a smaller variety to the ones we had already landed. But who in their right mind is gonna complain when u can just about touch them.

penguin

Great effort Penguin, had many a day like that. As I mentioned in a previous post, when the water is boiling like that, we start throwing Xmas trees or small metal lures on light lines. Great fun, only problem is the multitude of schooling fin invariably swim across your line and bust off your hooked up fin.

Congrats to you and your mates for an excellent days catch.

Great group shot, viewing it with envy.

Did you tag any of the fish you released?

Cheers

Carl

Edited by Mariner 31

Did you tag any of the fish you released?

Cheers

Carl

Carl I wouldn't know the 1st thing about tagging a fish, the where, who ,and how its

done is something I have never looked into. Plus we were having so much

difficulty trying to get the yft on the boat with out gaffing them so as we could

de hook em, it was like one big comedy of errors, with me once nearly joining

the fish in the water for an untimely swim. Thanks to Human for his quick

reflexes, and for grabbing my belt and saving me from a dunking.

penguin