How Do Some People Afford Boats?

trungie

How do people afford boats!! i've seen a few 500k!! its crazy!! i mean, with cars, u can put it on a novated lease to ease things up, but with boats.. what are people doing to afford these sea craft?!? i mean some are as much or more than houses!!

Some people make obscene amounts of money doing very little, some have obscene levels of debt and some of us are just happy with our lot in life.

If I had the coin and could justify a $500k boat I would still have to have a 14 footer to fish the flats and little channels. Then I would just worry that I had spent $500k on a big boat but was spending all my time in a little 14ft catching whiting and bream.

Its lucky I dont have that much money or I might end up very stressed over things like that.

Dave

How do people afford boats!! i've seen a few 500k!! its crazy!! i mean, with cars, u can put it on a novated lease to ease things up, but with boats.. what are people doing to afford these sea craft?!? i mean some are as much or more than houses!!

Some people earn a hell of a lot more than you or I !

Good on em too, if I could I would too.

Cheers

It's called creative accounting I think :pokey:

Or having a friendly bank manager helps too! :smoke:

Seriously, few of these lavishly appointed super cruisers are owned by an individual.

You will find that most are owned by corporations, co-operatives or conglomerates, a bit of a tax right off possibly?

Doing well in school/uni etc

Trying your hardest to acheive goals in either your career or financially.

Being able to spend money wisely and save ( NOT ME )

jsut a few of many reasons.

cheers james

Might not be enuff still.... considering housing prices... i mean theres nothing left after the mortgage, car payments, KIDS, and a bit of spending money....

lol.... :wife: