Stonker Pittwater Breambos And A Nigger

roosterman

hi guys,

tides looked real good this w/e so got some weed and made some burly for an early sun morn luderick bash in pittwater with fellow raider blacky..

seeing as tide was real good i went abit earlier to have a bream fish on the top of tide...

got to spot at 4am and put 2 rods out and had a half hearted go at squid an got one bite sized one..

around the top of tide the bites started and lifted my rod in preparation for mr breambos run.. bang zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz hes on and i set the hook :yahoo: yeh baby good start to the morning...

after a spirited run hes in the keeper net awaiting some friends :biggrin2: ....put out another bait and didnt have to wait long and im on again..zzzzzzzzz........ zzzzzzzzzz.....

this thing pulls drag and with abit of weight and big headshakes i suspect a little soapy/schoolie...

the silly bugger heads in the wrong direction,away from structure :1prop: gotta get lucky sometimes eh....

i eventually get color an see this huge brute of a breambo and after some nervous moments hes in the net... :yahoo: ... thanks paul as it woulda been a struggle to do solo...

put him on the lie detector an he goes a very fit healthy 42cm..

got another run shortly afterwards but he droped it then all went quiet...

sun was now starting to show so got the luderick gear into action and within a couple mins get a good down and im on :biggrin2: ,this luderick really gives me dramas and is doing his best but after some good rodwork i guide him around an out of harms way to get blacky to net my blacky :wacko: ..

this was around 6.15 - 6.30 then for the next couple hours we couldnt get a look in...

i new they were there as we could see them but not interested in feeding at all,even droped some right on there noses.... around 9 ish i got a good down but lost him as he skunked me,was a real good one much bigger than first one.. pulled the pin around 10am happy to have a feed but not impressed at the blackfish not feeding.. thanks blacky for your company and maybe next time the fish will be more kind to ya.....

heres a pic of 42cm and 30cm bream,36cm luderick an a big pike i also got

post-2219-1212321877_thumb.jpg

post-2219-1212321908_thumb.jpg

cheers....steve......

Edited by roosterman

Well done Roosterman. The bream made the early start worthwhile especially the fat 40cm model. :thumbup: It's a shame the big bream went off after the sun came up. Steve with those larger bream around I reckon a midnight high down there would produce the goods .

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Well done steve - that is a humongous bream!!! :yahoo::thumbup: Nothing wrong with the blackie either! :1prop: And that pike is thick as, too! They build them big in Pittwater :)

Cheerio

Roberta

hi ray, i dont see any sabre tooth whiting there mate ??????

but i can see a +10kg jew ... :biggrin2: ..

i might just borrow that term also and stinky ...grrrrrrrrr

smell woofted through car an i am only couple min from spot x... :thumbdown:

lucky thay taste good eh... if your a jew that is :1prop: ..

byron this spot is more a tide one rather than sunup but combined is twice as good.....

sometimes they stay for longer others they cruise on so short sessions usually pay there.....

roberta the sabre tooth whiting are always there and generally big,i have 3 others much bigger in the freezer to keep him company and shortly when my backs abit better i plan on inviting them to dinner with mr mulloway an co :biggrin2: .... thats not the biggest bream of late either and they have been averaging high 30's to 40's with a few 50cm ones... bloody monsters skunk ya most times in structure but occasionally they are silly an run the wrong way :biggrin2: ...if i can find the pic of the 50 one couple weeks back ill put it up..

im not really into bream but this spot is doing good atm so making the most of it especially as ive been outa action with crook back syndrome and really needed a fishing fix and they tasted sooooo nice....

penguin,rob and hodgey thanks for the replies..

Blacky , mate it was a pleasure fishing with ya and will def do it again.... weathers looking good for some action off the stones soon so maybe thats an option when seas die down abit.. those fish didnt have much in there gut either... the luderick had an empty stomach except for a little ribbon weed he had only just eaten,other than my bait that is so it shows they were not switched onto feeding like we discussed.......

anyway thanks for the replies guys...

cheers...steve.....