Currumbin Goldcoast, Storm Season~

shefford

I felt like showing you what the my local bar crossing can be like if we get big Lows off the coast!

If we can't get out we go surfing instead, needless to say we waited till it dropped to 10ft to surf it :1prop:

Currumbin Creek: you can also find it on coastal watch.com

A large sand bank has built up since 2004, we normally go left around the groin, then race along the channel right beside the beach and head out through deep gutters in the offsets.

But now we have to go dead straight out, hopefully council will dredge soon! Around 10000 ppl cross the bar every year!

A few ppl might comment on how "unsafe" it is, but I've lived on the creek for 21 years and crossed/surfed it so i know it like the back of my hand!

ENJOY THE PHOTOS

5k3evo.jpg

b8weuq.jpg

f4elfl.jpg

23w0ayq.jpg

Our resident peacock and lorrikeets :wife:

Great photos iricangi. However, I bet it looks good on a fine day. Post some fine weather shots if you've got them.

I agree with Mariner 31, the only way I would cross that bar at the moment is in a helicopter!

The peacock and lorrikeets look pretty dangerous too! :1prop:

Cheers

Peter

Here is a pic of what it looks like today

The red line indicates the sandbar running across the whole bar, 0-20cms deep max on dead low tide.

Blue line is the directions we take to get out, left 1 if its "big", right 1 if its small

And if you look at the groin old passage used to be going around it and running along the beach

post-7532-1212539473_thumb.jpg