What Is Your Rod Rack Setup?

Timmy76

Hi all,

Was wondering what your rod rack setup is? Post your pics if you can! :biggrin2:

Someone mentioned that vertical is the best for the rod? If you store them horizontally then they should be supported at least every 50cm (max).

I'm looking at ideas of fellow fishraiders rod rack setup before I purchase/make it! :thumbup:

Hope to see your pics!

Timmy

I purchased rubber rod holders which hold 6 rods for $2 each at a sale. They're black strips and you can drill a screw into it to hold it against the wall in the garage!

post-7476-1212566749_thumb.jpg

Edited by GeekFisherman

We just have an okuma one that you has 2 sections vertically. You can mount them back to back or side on, we have it back to back as its unbalanced side on and there are 16 places to put your rod but with reels on rods it lessens the amount you can fit.

Picked it up from like ***** for about $40

Cheers

Josh

i have the same okuma one, it does the job very well.

I also have those black rubber strips which are very good, I have a couple spare so if you want them just send a pm and we'l sort it out, they have never been used.

I have the Okuma one also.

post-3198-1212568487_thumb.jpg

Check with our sponsors mate, as they sell a good timber, free-standing rack as well!

Hodgey

We have 2 Okuma stands might have to buy a 3rd one soon.

They are double sided and we have them lined up single sided against a wall.

I've just tidied up some of my short rods by using the rubber ones mentioned above ..... however, check this out! Have you got a spare chest of drawers & a couple of those rubber ones??

Or just add a whole new bit on the top with overhang & cut some holes/slots in it?? Lots of space in the drawers for lines, reels, sinkers etc!

post-2231-1212663831_thumb.jpg

Cheerio

Roberta

hey timmy these are the kind of rod racks i use i found them at a local hardware store for about $20 and i have 2 sets. Each set holds up to 4 rods and it can be screwed to a wall horizontally, vertically or screwed to a ceiling in a spare room or garage to be out of the way and clear of danger totally. I spaced them out to an appropriate width to store all size rods. You wont need to support the rod anymore than that as long as its not sagging so much it will be fine.

post-7352-1212569268_thumb.jpgpost-7352-1212569312_thumb.jpg

you should store your rods vertically. or you will get nasty bends like the one in your pic :1onono:

you should store your rods vertically. or you will get nasty bends like the one in your pic :1onono:

Went out rock fishing with some locals a few years ago, one of the blokes had a beach rod/speedmaster combo that had a permanent bend near the tip from being left rigged up etc :1fishing1: . Didnt appear to affect his ability to cast huge distances with it. He reckoned it had no effect at all and had been like that for some years.

Apart from looking bad, does anyone know if the bend has a detrimental effect ?

I store my rods vertical and always back any rigged rods off when I get them home, but see many beach rods stored in garage rafters due to their length.

tight lines

Steve