Barrington Tops - Manning River

Caine1

Hi all,

Am heading up to Barrington Tops in a couple of weeks and am hoping to fit in at least one sesh.. Am staying at a place just on a narrow part of the Manning river.

I've never fished fresh water so any spots up there and some tips would be great....this time of year I hear the Bass are hard to come by..

Cheers

Catchy

Hi Catchy

Better not target bass - the season has now closed for the spawning season, I believe (end of May)!!

The dams (Glenbawn, ST Clair & Lostock) should still be OK to fish - anyone able to confirm this??

Cheerio

Roberta

Take your winter woollies ..... it'll be cold at night!! :) I've never fished up there, but there are trout further up Barrington Tops way!! Further down the Manning, of course, towards Taree, you will get your normal salt water species ..... even Jew!

Good luck!!

Cheerio

Roberta

hey catch 22 if your thinking off glenbawn dam the gun bait is live shrimp or live little yabbys

shrimp for the bass yabbys for the perch

any farmers dams will hold yabbys[just ask before you enter property when they find out you only wont the little ones there's usuly no prob]

shrimp are harder to find and you usuly need running water but a shrimp trap with a cake off white sunlight soap in it will get you any that are there

i know the soap thing sounds like bull poo but we tryed everything even fresh perch fillets and the old sunlight kicks butt

by the way you need a good airatter for the shrimp or they will die within 20 mins

spots; the dam wall for perch [ball sinker to the hook and bounce on the bottom to give that little puff off silt

the perch love this[yabby bait]

the bass will be on the hot water side off the dam

go to the side that the wind is or has been blowing and work that area be it trees or rocky out crops or even shallow grassy banks they will all hold fish at one point

hope this helps ps. most people use lures up the dam but in winter i found live bait the go

cherrs gary