Brighton Le Sands

katsuo

Saturday, 7th of June 2008.

Woke up at 7am to go pump some worms at chipping norton for an hour. went back home with a hand full worths in the ice cream container (no ice cream).

packed my rods and gear into the car. headed out to Brighton Le Sands. arrived at 11am it was high tide at 11:30'ish. Gave my wife the soft plastics rod. and I was left handling the worms as the :wife: hates touching them.

4 x 27cm whiting (on worms)

1 x flat head (on SP)

1 x small pippi :074: WHAT THE?

post-6570-1212908484_thumb.jpg

post-6570-1212908498_thumb.jpg

post-6570-1212908508_thumb.jpg

post-6570-1212908514_thumb.jpg

Edited by katsuo

i love your post mate! last time i went to chippo to pump for worms and couldnt do it. Only found like very very little ones so small that u cant even put it on the hook.

How do you do it???

Thanks, well to tell you the truth it was my first time pumping for worms. I bought a pump last Thursday and checked the tides and found that it was low tide in the early morning. Tip is best to do it when its low. and pump those areas where the little holes are (tiny volcanos). I got excellent results pumping in the water. I tried the reverse method by pumping air into them to make them squirt out, but had no luck.

Its a lot of work to do but its worth it. Good luck.

Where abouts were you fishing?

Hi SAfisho, I was fishing around here...

cookpark.jpg

Thank everyone for your comments.

Cheers,

Katsuo

nice fish mate.

I've pumped squirt worms from Chipping Norton before too. The only problem I had was getting them to stay on the hook.. How do you keep em on?

I tried salting some left over worms once; they toughened up a bit and the fish liked em too.

Chris

nice fish mate.

I've pumped squirt worms from Chipping Norton before too. The only problem I had was getting them to stay on the hook.. How do you keep em on?

I tried salting some left over worms once; they toughened up a bit and the fish liked em too.

Chris

Hi Chris,

little hard to explain but here goes, start of by hooking the worm through the mouth and then slowly push the body through the middle, feeding the body though up the hook. Now if its a long worm then you can keep pushing and feeding the worm pass the hook and then up the fishing line. You would like to leave the hook hanging out. The worm should look straight and natural. For a better hold you should use a bait holder long shank hook.

You should gently cast you line out, not too hard or else the worm will just rip off due to the whipping action.

now half of the worms I pumped were cut in half and most were 2~3 cm. With these I would hook them on like all you can eat style. Works great. :thumbup:

Good luck! :1fishing1:

no, crystalliser has the pipi record.

nice work katsuo !

lol crystalliser's record was for lures! he caught it on nuke chicken.

so i'd say Katsuo holds the pipi record for bait fishing.

Hey katsuo reps up for you mate, thanks for the tip!

Edited by spirit_fall88

Hi katsuo

I have fished around that part of the bay also mostly using lures and have caught a few good flatties and the

odd bream and whiting

You may be surprised what you can catch using a plastic ie( Gulp t/b worm ) in pumpkinseed colour

Work the lure close to the rocks and weedbeds

Good luck

Regds Pafisho

lol crystalliser's record was for lures! he caught it on nuke chicken.

so i'd say Katsuo holds the pipi record for bait fishing.

Hey katsuo reps up for you mate, thanks for the tip!

HAHA !! You are right too !!!

Hi katsuo

I have fished around that part of the bay also mostly using lures and have caught a few good flatties and the

odd bream and whiting

You may be surprised what you can catch using a plastic ie( Gulp t/b worm ) in pumpkinseed colour

Work the lure close to the rocks and weedbeds

Good luck

Regds Pafisho

Hi Pafisho08, thanks for the tip. Its really fun fishing down at there. most of the time the water is calm and relaxing. great for a soft plastics day anytime.