What Do You Eat Out To Sea?

shefford

What do you guys tend to eat out to sea?

Generally just packets of chips and fruit for me, but looking at starting to take somthing more substantial for the longer fishing periods!

I need ideas :beersmile:

What do you guys tend to eat out to sea?

Generally just packets of chips and fruit for me, but looking at starting to take somthing more substantial for the longer fishing periods!

I need ideas :beersmile:

Depending on your storage, but generally I take the following.

Tinned fruit salad

Yoghurt

Baked beans

Cold chicken, sausages.

Sandwiches don't really make it with me due to them going soggy, however I will generally take bread & butter sandwiches to munch on when I'm having some of the other fare.

Probably boring for most but quick and convenient for me.

N.B. Always take the wasabi and kikoman - fresh sashimi - yum!

We normally just take sandwhiches or rolls and whatever snack food is in the house (chips biscuits lollies etc) but seeing what some of the other raiders take I will have to get a little more adventurous!

and when im feeling real hungry ill get into the chicken crimpies too!

Only when youv'e been out at sea for 7 days at least

dead set chris you don't eat enough to feed a sparrow.....

dont know what it is but when im out fishing.... calling it the munchies

is not doing it justice....a nice touch we do at this time of the year

is to fill a thermos with boiling water and pop in some frankfurts

then its hot dog's all round not without the tomatoe sauce of cause....

also i am partial to me MM&M's can't get a body like mine with out some sort of sacrifice.. :thumbup:

Cheers Warnie....

A good quality stainless Steel Thermos should keep water piping hot for at least 6- 8 hours.

#1 Son and I are both pretty good on the tooth when we go out , so typical fare is rissoles or chicken wings ( heavy on the chilli and spices please) , nutrigrain bars , sometimes cabanossi and cheese , corn chips and a good hot salsa. For winter overnighters a good hot curry which we reheat on the portable stove.

Ross

Warnie, love the hot dogs idea!

Generally it used to be just chips and pizza shapes, and coke...

but now i am off the hard stuff (coke) its pepsi max and apples.. maybe the odd handful of pizza shapes... that usually leaves me looking to eat anything that moves once i am off the water...

Chris picked up a camper bbq so id like to give a few snags a crack during a trevally anchor session...

oh yeah... 1500 posts too :P

Bananas, they're real good luck :1badmood:........................only kidding i don't eat them.

Usually don't think about food on the water and don't get hungry but always take some chips and biscuits along, plenty of water though :beersmile:

Cheers

Josh

I don't fish much further than two or three kilometres offshore at the moment. I always take food but only for nibbling on occasionally such as chicken wings, meat rissoles, pieces of mild polish salami and hot dog frankfurts. I avoid bread, carbohydrates and sugary foods when I'm out on the water. I have found it better to stick to the meat proteins, drink one or two small powerful cups of short black Greek coffee and drink a lot of water but mainly after drinking coffee and eating a small amount of food during a long session in beween the coffees and the rolly owns. Having a good few jew rods out, I don't get time to light up my durries, I seem to be either preparing baits or buggarising around tending to all the various freaks which go hand in hand with jewfish in jewfish territory.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

A good quality stainless Steel Thermos should keep water piping hot for at least 6- 8 hours.

#1 Son and I are both pretty good on the tooth when we go out , so typical fare is rissoles or chicken wings ( heavy on the chilli and spices please) , nutrigrain bars , sometimes cabanossi and cheese , corn chips and a good hot salsa. For winter overnighters a good hot curry which we reheat on the portable stove.

Ross

:badair: pheew I'm glad I don't have to spend time in your boat. :biggrin2:

Jatz and bananas for me

BANANAS?

Not coming on my boat then!

For breaming# Red frogs!

We usually hit the fish markets mid morning for prawns and lobsters but now it's cooler out on the water, getting the shop to steam up a muddie each is just gold!

mmmmm freshly steamed crab still warm mmmmm

Out at sea# I like more bread based as it keeps the stomach settled so sambos and biscuts and you can't forget the red frogs again!

My fav when we use to have the game boats, hot pie sandwiches!

Only if we could fit a microwave in the SKeeter.

Yea yea bananas are bad luck

I always take 2-3 out with me, considering our boat looks like a banana it's fine.

:tease:

the banana myth is bullshite :) game fished for seasons and sneaked a bannana in the bottom of the bag each time and we did ok

We usually hit the fish markets mid morning for prawns and lobsters but now it's cooler out on the water, getting the shop to steam up a muddie each is just gold!

mmmmm freshly steamed crab still warm mmmmm

Was always told crab still warm from being boiled goes thru you like a dose of salts!

I am going to try warnie hotdogs. also been meaning to buy one of those dick smith 12v ovens for pies.

Was always told crab still warm from being boiled goes thru you like a dose of salts!

I am going to try warnie hotdogs. also been meaning to buy one of those dick smith 12v ovens for pies.

I tried the hotdog idea the other day, went down a treat. Cheers for the tip warnie, thats my new boat lunch

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Bacon n eggs, which get cooked on the butane gas bbq ... if we can be bothered.

Apart from that we have a container full off cheapo muesli bars and le snacks etc etc which always stays on the boat .. so even if i forget or just plain lazy, ive still got food

• 3 weeks later...