1;KNOW THE ENEMY LEATHER JACKETS

2;FIND THE ENEMY THATS EASY THEY WILL FIND YOU

3;KNOW THERE WHEEKNESS FOOD OFF ANY TYPE OR ANY THING THAT MOVES

4;PICK THE RIGHT AMMO SMALL LEAD JIG HEADS WITH WIRE TRACE 3 FEET LONG

5;KNOW THERE STRENGTHS TO WORK AS A PACK LIKE PARANA

6;ALL RAIDERS MUST SEEK AND EAT THERE LEAGAL QUOTA

THERE IS NO SIZE LIMIT TO LEATHER JACKETS

20 EACH IS THE BAG LIMIT

SO GO FORTH AND BAG OUT ON LEATHERYS YOU WILL HAVE DONE YOUR BIT AND THERE GOOD TO EAT I THINK

ALL RAIDERS IMPUT IS WELCOME

GARY

I'm sure the downrigger boys will help your cause here Gary. All they have to do is weld a few hooks to their downrigger bombs and just keep trolling around merrily :wacko: and the leather jackets will pay for the petrol.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

dicko i was'nt yelling i just left the caps lock down sorry

if you ca'nt beat em eat em 20 each per trip boys for the good of the harbor lol

if we make fun off the pests at least we get a laugh out off a bad problem i'm thinking leather jacket art

jacket skin wallets ,dehydrated jacket key holders,jacket sand paper

there must be many uses :biggrin2: jacket hook sharpners :074:

remember we have 3 days to waste before the weather clears :biggrin2:

gary

that's realy weird it sound's loader in your head the bigger the text. are you in fact yelling at your self being the one reading :074: just having some fun dave and dick did'nt mean to give you a head ace

gary

When I first read Gary's reply with the old tri focals I thought it said Dave had HEAD LICE :lol:

Cheers

Dave does have head lice

Thats why none of the kids will play with me in the quadrangle.

dave

none off the kids played with me either because off bad breath and b.o.

the head lice still has me grinning :Funny-Post:

jack i take back what i said after your fin[i think reverse carma got me yesterday]

gary

haha nah dont worry my mates have been catchen all the decent fish n im stilll waitin for mmy luck to come bak

Jack

Thanks Chris that rings a bell. I remember now there was a bloke on the site who copped a full set of Rapala trebbles right in the brown eye and as you may recall the deceased then had to pedal a bike to work.

Cheers

Edited by jewgaffer

hey willin the reason we dis like jackets is they come in plages and make it very hard and some times imposible to get your bait to the target fish whether it be on the bottom or midwater

they tend to strip the harbor clean off all food sea grasses crustations and any thing that moves to slow

but the biggest prob is lost tackle we fished 5 diferent places on thursday[fishing for snapper] every spot 4 rod out first retreve no hooks this can become expencive loosing 4 snapper hooks every throw

you do'nt even no there gone

anyway they must play there part in the food chain somehow

i just think that over the next month or so we are stuck with them so we should all do our bit and bag out on leatherys just to thin out the numbers a bit and as payback for all the lost snapper hooks

there is no size limit and every one fishing can keep 20 each thats a good feed in any ones book

to be compleatly honest i was bord and knew the wind would blow out the week end

but i do thing we should thin them out cherrs gary

I picked these up from Fishfinder last week , just the thing for when you find yourself surrounded by 'jackets.

Nylon covered wire , with 2 droppers , and a large loop at the end for the weight. All joins crimped , note the beads on the droppers so that they sit at about 90 degrees ( no tangles).

As long as you dont touch the main line with smelly fingers , this rig should last all day !!!

post-2063-1213481921_thumb.jpg

post-2063-1213481954_thumb.jpg

post-2063-1213481971_thumb.jpg

post-2063-1213481989_thumb.jpg

post-2063-1213482007_thumb.jpg

Cost : $6.50 each.

Ross

maybe i'm not picky enough with my fish, i just use the old running sinker straight to the hook and i've never had a bite off. although i do catch a lot of garbage so perhaps i'm be doing the wrong thing!

how do you fish differently for snapper? i've only ever tried the running sinker rig, do other rigs really make a difference as to the fish you can catch?

I picked these up from Fishfinder last week , just the thing for when you find yourself surrounded by 'jackets.

.......Nylon covered wire , with 2 droppers , and a large loop at the end for the weight. All joins crimped , note the beads on the droppers so that they sit at about 90 degrees ( no tangles).

Ross

Ross you're getting well prepared for the Hairtail Social by the looks of it. Ross are you going in the Bertram again this year?

I really like what I see about those Fishfinder paternosta rigs. What breaking strain are yours and what do they come in do you know. I'm mainly talking about drop shot rigs for up north here Ross.

Cheers mate :thumbup:

Byron

G'day Byron , not sure on the weight , but I am thinking 20lb+ .

Not on the Berty this year , doing it in style with the Swordies on the Mothership !!

The rigs were designed by Fisfinder Tony , as you would be aware , being a charter operator , he could potentially lose a lot of terminal tackle when the jackets are around , this seems to be the best way of hanging onto some of that tackle !

Ross

hey guys, interested in getting some of those rigs but live in Avalon, cant treck out to Fishfinder :horse: is it possible to send them anyway? and pay via mail?

If not ill be making my own crappy rigs haha :tease:

Let us know

Thanks

jack