Inverell And Ashford

Coasty

After reading everyone else's reports for the last couple of months, I thought it was about time I made a contribution.

Spent the last couple of days fishing the Gwydir, Severn, McIntyre and Dumeraq rivers for not alot of fish. As alot of my relatives live out that way, most of our fishing is done on private property's where there is only a handful of us that fish that part of the river this usually ensure's us a feed of fish.

Spent the first day fishing above Copeton Dam in the Gwydir River this has always been a good spot for us, but unfortunately this time our catch rate wasn't as high as usual, but still not a bad day and night fishing we got a 4 pound catfish, a 6 pound yellowbelly and 6 cod ranging from 9 pound to 23 pound we kept the catfish yellowbelly and 2 of the cod, I usually only keep one cod for myself but my Pop wanted one and him being one of the people to teach me how to catch this elusive fish I'm not going to say no.

Second day was spent between Bonshaw and Ashford fishing the Dumeraq and Severn rivers for not much at all, the Severn usually always produces good numbers of cod but this time the fish had gone into hiding and no matter what we threw at them incliuding lures, flys and all different baits the just did not wanrt to play. I have attached some pictures

Coasty...or anyone...What part of the world are those rivers in? I dont venture inland too much so they don't sound familiar. :hitsfan:

Edited by Jocool

Thats great country out that way.

My wife has some relos at Inverell and I also lived in Moree for a few years.

I have fished a few of the rivers you mention, the Severn especially has some good fish, runs clear, different than many of the rivers further out.

Good stuff coasty seems you got some nice fish were going back in a cpl of mths for another two wks cant wait love fishing the severn. All my dads relatives are from there inverell,glen innes, tenterfield. Also heading further nth to goondiwindi with more relatives for some more cod fishing cant wait any way top report.